Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread >

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

i have two sc10 and my buddy wants one of them and had a $900 budget to work with and i tld him that if he get me the sc-r sp and i would let him get one of my trucks with the electronics minus my servo, the electrinics iincleuded are a trinity d3 17.5 ( we run stock blinky blinky mode) lrp v2 comp xxx, and he will get himself either the futaba 4pk ir airtronics mt4, and the truck comes with a body. i think that is a great deal for a good truck with no body and no electronics, huh?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good deal of its going to a friend of yours. How did you like the d3? I have that one in another scr sp but it's slower than crap. I'm runnig the hobbywing exrun 120. Did you max the can timing? I have mine geared at 25-78. You will enjoy the scr sp. btw I bought my second sp kit here, they range from 240-350 depending what extras they come with
Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
Good deal of its going to a friend of yours. How did you like the d3? I have that one in another scr sp but it's slower than crap. I'm runnig the hobbywing exrun 120. Did you max the can timing? I have mine geared at 25-78. You will enjoy the scr sp. btw I bought my second sp kit here, they range from 240-350 depending what extras they come with
i love my d3's man i have had three of em 2 17.5 and a 13.5 i blew up one because i had my solder touching and i didnt know it so it caused a lot of drag and heat lol, i want one with all the bell and whistles im hooked on racing rc man so if i dont get all the stuff on it i will just go n get it anyway man. i run 25/75 with my timing almost near the max i get off the track after a 8 min main at 165 and i have bn running that motor for like 8 months now i do reg keep up on all of my gear also, even on the sp i may have to retrain myself not to do so much upkeep because im use to it now man and after the track i go home and do up keep lol my girl calls me a addict lol, my buddy will get it brand new for me. i have extra electrinics to throw into. i have like 2 lrp v2 and a tekin rs, xp servo, and several diff motors to choose from as gear and a extra reciever also man. there isnt any weights or nothing that i hvae to put in the truck as base setup at all ?
do they make different batt hold downs for the truck because i run bullet plug in on my batt and it seem as if the stock one will block my plug ports
Old 06-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

If you are buying it new amain has it for 400 and stormer hobbies has it for 370 shipped. You can add weight if you want. Some people add some under the steering rack and on the opposite side of the esc. I mounted my esc right in front of the tranny so I did not add anything as everything is in the center.

I'll try adding timing on the can and see what it does. I detests the d3 and x-12 lrp as the notches in the motors leave a small crack where the Kyosho motor mount plate is and let's dirt in, have trashed 3 spurs and 1 pinion. Now that I saw it I rtv'd the gap. I'm gonna get rid of these motors just because they have all these ridiculous big openings in their cans.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Mr.juarez;10833351]If you are buying it new amain has it for 400 and stormer hobbies has it for 370 shipped. You can add weight if you want. Some people add some under the steering rack and on the opposite side of the esc. I mounted my esc right in front of the tranny so I did not add anything as everything is in the center.

I'll try adding timing on the can and see what it does. I detests the d3 and x-12 lrp as the notches in the motors leave a small crack where the Kyosho motor mount plate is and let's dirt in, have trashed 3 spurs and 1 pinion. Now that I saw it I rtv'd the gap. I'm gonna get rid of these motors just because they have all these ridiculous big openings in their cans.

[/QUOT
man that truck is dirty omg lol, where do u b driving at? and the holes in the can are great it helps with keeping the motor cool, and what are your temps coming off at and how is your track large or small if it is small you can just try for a fdr of like mayb 7.2-8.0 and check your temps and then go from there not to go over like 150-160 after like 8 min i like to say eight because ppl say 5 and a main is more than five and i dont want top run that high with 3 mins of the race left to run man
Old 06-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

i have a novak in a sc10 and i havent had any probs with them either, i dont think you will have probs with motors if you keep em kool ya know, i have an orca also and man they are fast as hell i tell ya. one of the guys at the track are sponsored by orca and he fly around the track, so i gave em a try and they have done well for me.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Don't know the exact length of track, but they are all medium size with small straightways. The cut outs are great for on road or super nice indoor clay tracks. The above pic is only the first heat lol. Also the mains are 10 minutes and I'm coming off under 130 after the long main. I keep all my trucks clean as soon as i get back, but being that I have cut outs I have to clean the motor bearings weekly as well. This is my cure until I can get different motors.

Believe it or not it came off around same temps if not a bit cooler as the bearings did not get locked in fluff.

Gamedog do they make a high torque 12.5 rotor for the d3?

Last edited by Mr.juarez; 06-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Don't know the exact length of track, but they are all medium size with small straightways. The cut outs are great for on road or super nice indoor clay tracks. The above pic is only the first heat lol. Also the mains are 10 minutes and I'm coming off under 130 after the long main. I keep all my trucks clean as soon as i get back, but being that I have cut outs I have to clean the motor bearings weekly as well. This is my cure until I can get different motors.

t

Believe it or not it came off around same temps if not a bit cooler as the bearings did not get locked in fluff.

Gamedog do they make a high torque 12.5 rotor for the d3?
ok your motor comes off cooler siince it has less of a load to carry since it is free of dirt, so is your truck torque or more top end if it has a ton of hp you can give it a more low end feel if you gear it down a couple teeth and that may b a little better since you dont have a long straight man. idk if they make one and what will it do for my motor if i may add? i have a 17.5 and 13.5 d3
Old 06-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

The x-12 is stupid fast, no issue there. The d3 on the other hand, seems as it needs top end. They have a 12.3 rotor but I would like to try a 12.5 high torque rotor that's if they even make one. The 7.5 is geared short, 16-82. I added 2 clicks in the can and it did not seem to change much at all for the 17.5 that is.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

The x-12 is stupid fast, no issue there. The d3 on the other hand, seems as it needs top end. They have a 12.3 rotor but I would like to try a 12.5 high torque rotor that's if they even make one. The 7.5 is geared short, 16-82. I added 2 clicks in the can and it did not seem to change much at all for the 17.5 that is.
what is your 17.5 geared at then we can go from there. try a 75 spur and start at mayb a 25 pinion with the can in the middle and go from there if the temps are cold after going full timing go up a tooth and put the timing in the middle and so far and so on in this manner that way you can have both ends of the motor bottom with gearing and top with timing and that should work for u my friend. i run a novak 17.5 and geared 26/ 75 with timing 2 marks from max and my truck is moving and i have heard ppl say novaks are slow and in stock sc at my track i finish in the top 4 normally
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Its either the rtr or the sp version. The scr has been discontinued.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

It geared 78-25. They don't have 75 and I don't want to buy ae spurs or clutch pads.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Gear up 2 teeth on the pinion. And get the 12.5 HT rotor. Than you will notice a difference. With the AE slipper assembly you only need the spur and pads, not the disks.

Last edited by umm winning; 06-08-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

The d3 motors are built with a lot of bottom end so what u can. Do is keep it geared where u still have good bottom but more top ad still turn timing up for more rmp, chrck motor temp in process also
Old 06-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So I finally got my SC-R on the track tonight, and did well. I decided to play with different spring choices in some of the heats, and had both x-gear springs and the avid springs to choose from, but they are too short in the rear... what are you guys using as spacers to get the springs to fit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.