Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HOBBYWING 1/8TH 150A AND 80A ESC'S >

HOBBYWING 1/8TH 150A AND 80A ESC'S

HOBBYWING 1/8TH 150A AND 80A ESC'S

Old 07-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default HOBBYWING 1/8TH 150A AND 80A ESC'S

HI guys

Just letting you guys know we have solved the small problem with the esc's when running sensored motors which were cutting out mid throttle on some motors .I will post the new software for you guys to download this coming monday .

1. The new firmware “VER1.0_100715-2R” of XERUN-80A and XERUN-150A ESC eliminates the compatibility issue when the ESC works with Futaba 4PK system in sensored mode, and the reliability of the ESC is also improved.

thank you for your time .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 07-19-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

good to know, I have two 150a combos in transit
Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
HI guys

Just letting you guys know we have solved the small problem with the esc's when running sensored motors which were cutting out mid throttle on some motors .I will post the new software for you guys to download this coming monday .

thank you for your time .
Hey is this also with 150a esc cause i am running one with sensor and never had a problem this thing rocks!!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

send me an email at [email protected]

I will send out the software to all of you around the world .

And yes it is for the sensored motors .
Old 07-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Some guys had that issue and some didnt. I havent on my 80 amp with T8 2050. A guy I know uses both the 80 and 150 sucessfully with T8 motors running sensored. Cobra is this software going to affect anything else besides the sensor? I just added the newest firmware to my ESC hoping to see lower temps with my motor but didnt, but have to say that the car is alittle smoother off the line.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:09 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I wasn't aware of throttle cutout issues with the ESCs running with sensored motors, but good to see software updates are being provided. Like malik, I'd like to know if anything else is affected as everything else is running well.
The only issue with the HWs (and it seems to be an issue with both Xeruns and EZRuns) is that running them in 1/8 vehicles with taller diff ratios (taller than 4.3) creates some sort of electrical noise that interferes with the throttle signal after a certain speed.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey whats up with the Cheezy green donut thing can we take it off? LOL I want to scrap that thing everytime I see it.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

From the electronics world side of things, it is a torriodal choke. It's purpose is to help reject radio signals from the wire.

It will be interesting to see what the rc pros say.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JSR
I wasn't aware of throttle cutout issues with the ESCs running with sensored motors, but good to see software updates are being provided. Like malik, I'd like to know if anything else is affected as everything else is running well.
The only issue with the HWs (and it seems to be an issue with both Xeruns and EZRuns) is that running them in 1/8 vehicles with taller diff ratios (taller than 4.3) creates some sort of electrical noise that interferes with the throttle signal after a certain speed.
Those issues have now been fixed with the new update .Please email me at [email protected]
if you need the update .I do it this way as i can give you personal service without the headache of you trying to download it from a site and it not work .This way i give you the correct software and i also keep your email on my database to email future software updates direct to all of you .

thank you for your time
Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

I would like all hobbywing owners from around the world to please send me an email to [email protected]

I would like to build a data base of emails so when new software is available i will be able to email it to you guys asap without the headache of trying to download it from websites .
Old 07-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Hello,
Did you get my email about my Hobbywing issues as havent seen a reply..also have tryed PMing Hobbywing on this site with no success and have been using Hobbywing way before they became popular so would appreciate a reply.
Thanks.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
Hello,
Did you get my email about my Hobbywing issues as havent seen a reply..also have tryed PMing Hobbywing on this site with no success and have been using Hobbywing way before they became popular so would appreciate a reply.
Thanks.
whats your problem maybe i can help?email me [email protected]

Alan Hoon
team driver for hobbywing
Old 08-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing Warranty?

Hey guys just checking to see if any of you have had to warranty any of your Hobbywing stuff. Decided to try the xerun 150amp ESC as a backup in my RC8T because I've been having to send my tekin RX8's in to get warrantied. We'll I was about 10 laps into practice and my ESC cut out after a hard landing off of a jump. I still have steering but no lights, no fan, and no throttle. It's about 2 weeks old and I purchased it through hobbypartz.com

Thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

OK you experienced E buggers....

I am thinking of converting my 1/8 matrix to electrickery. I run a Xerun 120a esc in my touring car and am very impressed.

Which Hobbywing set up should I put in my buggy to be competitive?

And are they sensored?

Thanks all.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vaportrail136
Hey guys just checking to see if any of you have had to warranty any of your Hobbywing stuff. Decided to try the xerun 150amp ESC as a backup in my RC8T because I've been having to send my tekin RX8's in to get warrantied. We'll I was about 10 laps into practice and my ESC cut out after a hard landing off of a jump. I still have steering but no lights, no fan, and no throttle. It's about 2 weeks old and I purchased it through hobbypartz.com

Thanks
Sorry to hear about it. Guess you have to send it back to hobbypartz.

Have u tried recalibrate the esc? Or try another motor?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.