Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
B44 velcro side body mounts - what? >

B44 velcro side body mounts - what?

B44 velcro side body mounts - what?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
MER
Tech Rookie

Default B44 velcro side body mounts - what?

Ok, this may sounds stupid, but I'm trying to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to do with the side body mounts on my B44. The instructions for this kit could be a lot better. My last AE kit (RC10GT) was so much better as far as the instructions go.

And, this is my first car with an under tray so that is confusing me too.

Am I supposed to use velcro on these side posts to hold the under tray? Or, to hold the main body? If it is for the body, does the velcro actually get attached to the under tray and not the side post itself (as the under tray covers most of the side post)?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MER View Post
Ok, this may sounds stupid, but I'm trying to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to do with the side body mounts on my B44. The instructions for this kit could be a lot better. My last AE kit (RC10GT) was so much better as far as the instructions go.

And, this is my first car with an under tray so that is confusing me too.

Am I supposed to use velcro on these side posts to hold the under tray? Or, to hold the main body? If it is for the body, does the velcro actually get attached to the under tray and not the side post itself (as the under tray covers most of the side post)?
u screw the undertray in, then velcro the body to the body tray, i notched the undertray out to vrlcro my body to the mount but you dont have to. Leave the mount on the side, helps support the side in case of side collisions. BTW, you have to put small holes into the undertray to mount it, dont go too big or it wont work....speaking from experience, there should be 4 screws, 2 in back and 2 towards the front and the very front of the tray goes under your front bumper. Or, you could just get some chassis film, good luck
Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I simply don't use them. I just use velcro on the sides of the undertray and body.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Some racers choose not to run the undertray, and run a sheet of chassis protectant instead. Jconcepts chassis protectant Thats when you use the Velcro on the mounts for the body.

Most racers that run the undertray, Velcro the body to the undertray, and do not use the side body mounts.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 AM
MER
Tech Rookie

Great! Thanks for all the info everyone.