R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-30-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986
Default Does Anyone Else Have a Losi JRX-T?

I was just looking through the forums and noticed that it seems like I am the only one with one of these trucks...

Anyone have one? Show us some pictures if you do!

-Jeff

Here's mine... I know the body is horrible, I repainted it on the outside just for kicks...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg losi jrxt w.body.jpg (115.9 KB, 2024 views)
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:12 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you got any pics of the rear suspension? Looks strange!
Bugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:05 AM   #3
Tech Master

Sure, let me find it...

Yeah its got 4 link suspension... odd but COOL!

...hmm.... I must have deleted the one I took from the rear! I'll go take one now, and post it when I'm done.

For a little more interest, I also Converted it to B4 style suspension! all you really have to do is flip the bulkhead backward and swap the Spindles! I like it, it really works.... well, for me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg losi jrx b4suspen.jpg (118.2 KB, 1520 views)

Last edited by LosiFromHell986; 06-04-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:26 PM   #4
Tech Master

Unhappy Sorry...

Hey Bugle, Sorry, I can't find any right now and the Digital Camera isn't recording pictures, so it'll have to wait a little longer... sorry!

(I also forgot that this thread existed )
Old 06-09-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I had one years ago. I think it's still in 100 pieces in the garage. The JRXT was the first "race truck" that was sucsessfull. The four link rear suspension was the sh** back in the day. I had quite a few of the old school Losi's before I quit racing the first time when I was in high school.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:54 PM   #6
Tech Master

got those pictures you wanted, bugle...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ex000001.jpg (118.4 KB, 1244 views)
Old 06-14-2004, 09:34 PM   #7
Suspended

I have 3 of the jrxt trucks from back in the day,1 is nib 2 are used but still running cond
Storm 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:09 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to SocalSnakeEyes

hey, my track stall has some parts for your jrx-t if your intrested.
SocalSnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:09 PM   #9
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SocalSnakeEyes
hey, my track stall has some parts for your jrx-t if your intrested.
Who are you talking to? If you're talking to me, no thanks, I have two parts cars... tHanks anyways!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:55 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to LosiGramps Send a message via AIM to LosiGramps Send a message via Yahoo to LosiGramps

Wow, I remember those. Though all I do remember about the JRX-T's with the 4 link, was all the complaints about the chassis flexing. But I do know that Lunsford still has the measurements on file for those trucks, so you can atleast trick the turnbuckles out. Not sure if MRP has any strong gear covers for it, doubt that highly. I bought mine for my Pro SE back when that car was still relatively new.

That 4 link suspension may look odd, but it does work well. It'll still better the current A-arm setups today.

Team Losi really did make a lot of good ideas work well.

Gramps.
LosiGramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:37 PM   #11
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by LosiGramps
Wow, I remember those. Though all I do remember about the JRX-T's with the 4 link, was all the complaints about the chassis flexing. But I do know that Lunsford still has the measurements on file for those trucks, so you can atleast trick the turnbuckles out. Not sure if MRP has any strong gear covers for it, doubt that highly. I bought mine for my Pro SE back when that car was still relatively new.

That 4 link suspension may look odd, but it does work well. It'll still better the current A-arm setups today.

Team Losi really did make a lot of good ideas work well.

Gramps.
Wow, not to be rude, but may I ask how old you are?

Yeah, I'm looking for a gear cover for it, but I'm finding out that relatively nobody makes one for it...
Old 06-21-2004, 08:47 PM   #12
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to LosiGramps Send a message via AIM to LosiGramps Send a message via Yahoo to LosiGramps

Quote:
Originally posted by LosiFromHell986
Wow, not to be rude, but may I ask how old you are?

Yeah, I'm looking for a gear cover for it, but I'm finding out that relatively nobody makes one for it...
I'm just at the crest of "The Hill". When I hit it, I get to go "Wheeeee..." all the way down it.

As for who made gear covers, MRP did, not sure if anyone has one. They were "beefy" designed (and in a way, a PAIN to work with), but when you had them, you didn't want them! To get at your pinion gear/spur combo, taking them off was a chore, since they went from the back, to the shock tower. I was going to work on my Pro SE and put the Lunsford stuff on it, when I got to the side with the gear case, I put the car away (because I have to remove the gear case to get AT it). There is no room to get a driver in there, so it's fiddling with plyers, then one allen key away from getting it off, and twice as much annoyances to get it back on. :/

Why not see if the local hobby shop knows of anyone who makes lexan bodies. They could make you a cover.

Gramps.
LosiGramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:07 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I remember those trucks too and I am 30 years old.Great truck too.
Followed shortly after the Losi JR-X2 buggy with the best shocks to ever hit the market.
That suspension system I believe was a 5 link suspension as there was two lower links from below the tranny , one link to the bulk head above the drive telescoping axles and then the two links going forward to the chassis on each side.All of this was pivoting on the same size balls that are used on the shock bottoms today from Losi.The lowers and upper I think were not ball supported but I could be wrong.
I say it was a great truck tho because IMHO it pushed the off road world hard to be creative and make buggies and trucks more competitive.Losi introduced the internal ball diff in their tranny and I think at that time Associated wasstill external diff at the spur with two top shaft gears running to seperates in the tranny.The stealth shortly followed or was around the same time.
Associated never did make a shock as good as the Losi shock but their newest style with the small foam insert near the bottom is quite an improvement but ease of building and simplicity leads me to the Losi shock (which really has never changed design since it release).
The 5 link was a fine idea but it would wear quite fast and was sloppier than conventional systems after similar usage.
I think the 5 link opened up eyes though because companies really geared toward handling / suspension to win races more than ever and this system when it was working good was a winner.The pictures shown have the one piece wheels but the three piece wheels were the originals with Losi Naturals Rubber tires and i think their line of Tru Pitch gears.
The flat graphite chassis became a mainstay of top end companies looking for the edge in weight and stiffness.Molded graphite eventually replaced them in off road as they offered better stiffness at less cost and similar weight.
I am sure a Losi rep. will know a bit more about this stuff as this is from my noggin.I have been in the hobby since I was 13 years old and i work part time in a shop now.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #14
Tech Master

I will also point out there were other great shocks out there and some may remember the Kyosho Golds as one of the best of them for suspension on the Associated buggy and trucks of that era.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:20 PM   #15
Tech Master

Oh and about the chassis flex, they addressed that isue with the JR-X Pro.It had a thicker graphite chassis and solid faced wheels embossed with the Losi name.The rims were red with black lettering raised in the plastic.This may have been around the same time they switched over to the conventional rear suspension arms.Again the truck followed right away.
Now that I remember I think Losi was the one who brought the molded chassis to us as well with the Junior Two buggy and Junior T. It had very little flex and was molded very nicely.It did break but it took some doing.I think it had the 5 link.I know it had the mounting position for the 5 link tho for a fact.
Man I feel like a historian.