R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   LRP quantam comp 2, does it work as advertised (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/41485-lrp-quantam-comp-2-does-work-advertised.html)

kvrc 05-27-2004 01:52 PM

LRP quantam comp 2, does it work as advertised

for those who have used a quantam comp 2 in offroad, does it really adjust and help with wheelspin and all the other things it claims? can you tell that it is adjusting to traction conditions ect. any input about it will be appreciated.

AE Racer 05-29-2004 11:17 PM

No ESC can adjust traction conditions. The QC2 has reactive a drive frequency. With other ESCs you have to choose a drive frequency when you program it. But you have to choose a single frequency so its a compromise it will either give you more punch or more speed. The QC2 automatically changes its drive frequency while running so that you can have more punch coming out of the corners and more speed on the straight. This also makes it less complicated to set up. You dont have to deal with frequencies the only thing you adjust is limiting the punch or adjusting the brakes. You have five settings for punch control, initial brake, and drag brake.

Stonzy 05-30-2004 06:43 AM

I used my QC2 for the first time today and it's mighty fine to drive with it....The launch feature is brutal :)

Doughty 06-04-2004 06:51 AM

As far as I know the reactive mode is only 'Mode4' the other modes behave like the QC1 (but better)

By the way, it is THE coolest speedo I have used!:cool:

AE Racer 06-04-2004 12:57 PM

Originally posted by Doughty
As far as I know the reactive mode is only 'Mode4' the other modes behave like the QC1 (but better)

By the way, it is THE coolest speedo I have used!:cool:

Mode 4 in what, punch control? I dont think so. I read the instructions and it doesnt mention anything about that. And if it wasnt reactive on all modes it would have more options so that you could fine tune the drive frequency, like the QC1.

The launch feature just turns off the punch control. There is punch control in the stock setup, if you havent changed it. If you set the punch control to 5 (as in not limiting at all) it will be like that all the time.

Doughty 06-04-2004 01:56 PM

yes, the reactive software is only active when on setting 4 (punch control)

out of the packet (and when you reset to default) it is punch control 2 and the reactive software is not enabled.

psbarger 06-04-2004 09:59 PM

Originally posted by Doughty
yes, the reactive software is only active when on setting 4 (punch control)

out of the packet (and when you reset to default) it is punch control 2 and the reactive software is not enabled.

Really? Hmm, no wonder I didn't feel any difference comparing my QC2 and QC1, they were both on punch control 5. I'll have to try 4 tomorrow.