Search

Venom Pro Charger errors

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Venom Pro Charger errors

anyone have any exp with these?

I was at my point series and went to charge up my batteries and when i connected my SMC batt i got the "short err" message.. i saod ok.. lemme try another one. so i threw on my thunder power batters and both got the "Voltage over" message.

So i took the batteries over to a few of my friends chargers and they charged up fine..

Any ideas other than Venom products are crap and your charges is dead?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
anyone have any exp with these?

I was at my point series and went to charge up my batteries and when i connected my SMC batt i got the "short err" message.. i saod ok.. lemme try another one. so i threw on my thunder power batters and both got the "Voltage over" message.

So i took the batteries over to a few of my friends chargers and they charged up fine..

Any ideas other than Venom products are crap and your charges is dead?
My i-balance gives false error messages somethimes as well, happened today as a matter of fact, i usually unplug the battery and plug it back in. If that dont work try unpluggin the charger and plug it back in, see if it works. If not, have to send it in for service, maybe try emailing see what they say.....my buddy had to send his venom in twice, been working fine for about a year now....this time, his just quit working all together though...
Old 07-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You might try connecting things in a diff sequence. Or connect everything with the charger off, then turn it on. Sometimes that'll help, some chargers have a preferred connect sequence, though Venom doesn't seem to make a big deal of it in their manual one way or the other.

Theres been probs with this charger but Venom has been pretty good about standing behind them. Call them and see what they want to do.