Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Newbie 2.4 GHZ Tx/Rx Advice >

Newbie 2.4 GHZ Tx/Rx Advice

Newbie 2.4 GHZ Tx/Rx Advice

Old 06-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie 2.4 GHZ Tx/Rx Advice

Hey guys, I'm a little new to the racing scene, however old to the RC car driving scene. I'm looking for a 2.4ghz transceiver and receiver combo. I tried to do a search to look this up without but no results.

Basically if someone could point me in the right direction or give me input, I'm thinking of buying a 2.4ghz Traxxas Link Tx/Rx combo to run my HPI Vorza Flux. Is this a wise decision or not? it's only 35.00 on ebay. I really do not need a LCD with telemetry or Max Speed or Temps. Just a remote that is 2.4ghz (its necessary at the local track), and won't really glitch.

Any input is helpful.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Spektrum DX3R or DX3S or the new DX3E would be your best bet
Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah that's what I've read, but I can't really justify 300 dollars on a remote to my girlfriend... Plus I really just need it to control the car without glitching on the track. Would a Traxxas Link 2.4 or HPI TF-20 RF-20 combo work just fine for that?