R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-30-2004, 11:23 AM   #91
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to beetlebz

i dont know about the size of the T3 chassis actually. the only reason i know the GT has a longer chassis available is because i dont think they make the shorter one any more lol

i think one was the RTR chassis, and then you had the FT chassis.
beetlebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:36 AM   #92
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to AE Basher Send a message via Yahoo to AE Basher

yupers, the XL is the longest
AE Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:16 PM   #93
Tech Adept

I believe the Factory Team graphite chassie is the long wheelbase option. great truck!!!
lizzardo420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:17 AM   #94
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to jlarnai
Need Servo for RC10T3 - Need Help!

I am a novice to R/C Cars. I have a Team Associate RC10T3 #7010 that I bought; that was already built. It came with a Hitec HS-303 servo that the plastic gears keep getting chipped. I al looking to buy a new servo that would fit in my car that has metal gears. I searched other message boards and saw that somebody suggested to buy "Hitec HS-525MGS" When I check a web site to try to buy it ; there are 2 listed...... Hitec/RCD HS-525 High Speed Servo, Fut J and Hitec/RCD HS-525 High Speed Servo, S/JR

Is the difference; the connector type? I see that one of them comes with Futaba J connectors or comes with RCD/Hitec 'S' connectors. The connector that comes off my old HS-303 has 3 wires (Black-Red-Yellow)

What is the difference? What do I need to buy? I don't mind spending $30-40 on it. Any other suggestions? Can somebody provide me with a direct link on what to buy? THANKS!!!!!
jlarnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:41 AM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Smoke21

What brand radio does your T3 have in it? the difference is not the wires but the connector itself, Futaba has what is called a "J" connector they call it this because it has a tab that lines up with the slot in the reciever, so you cannot put it in backwards if your reciever has this type connector it doesn't matter because any servo with the exception of the old airtronics servos(no longer sold) every other company uses a connector with two bevels to keep you from puting the servo in backwards. here get this servo if you want the 525mg http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN688&P=7 this servo will fit in any reciever
Smoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:10 AM   #96
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to jlarnai

I have the radio that came with it....... Hitec Sport LYNX
jlarnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:56 AM   #97
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to beetlebz

if you have the cash, id chuck the lynx and get a new radio. most come with the option of getting 1 servo with it. i just got a futaba with a s3003 and it was less than 50 bucks.

i dont know how that really applies. its 5am. does it matter?

i was suprised actually. my GT came with a crappy hobbico high torque servo for steering, and that little beotch takes one hell of a lickin. when i first got the car, and before i knew what a servo saver was, i had the thing tightened all the way down to prevent it from slipping when i hit somthing lol never broke that damn thing. im just going to swap it out for a futaba high torque for 35 bucks. *shrug*

i think if the servo is built for the workload it doesnt matter what the gears are made out of.
beetlebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 05:49 AM   #98
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Hey guys, glad to see some T3s still out there.

Got a chance to run a loner one on my vacation and it handled well enough that I qualified 3rd in the stock class A-main.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:51 PM   #99
Tech Adept

There are still alot of the T-3's racing here in Canada. We just finnished our leg of the Western Canadian Off-Road Championship Series here in Edmonton, with T-3 in first, T-4 in second, and Losi in third, and T-3 in forth. what a great tripple a main.

P.S.

Aaron, I just wanted to let all non-believers know you do know whats what as I have been quietly listening in the background to your words of wisdom and the proof is in the puddin...

Thanks dude!!!
lizzardo420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:28 PM   #100
Tech Elite

No problem dude.

I'm human and I make mistakes..but I've been doing this for a long time and I try my best.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #101
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to trx1
Arrow

Just got me a t3 roller(sport version). it has no electronics in it, so i added a 3003 futaba servo, and futaba receiver. Not not sure where to go with the rest(motor,esc). Since im going to run it out front of my house, i dont want to put alot into this. is there any LOW PRICED esc's out ive got a old spec motor im going to put in it for right now. any ideas it came with RPM ball ends on it and a front graphite shock tower.

Please post some pics of your t3, for ideas for my wheel and body choices

Last edited by trx1; 08-12-2005 at 10:57 PM.
trx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #102
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx1
Just got me a t3 roller(sport version). it has no electronics in it, so i added a 3003 futaba servo, and futaba receiver. Not not sure where to go with the rest(motor,esc). Since im going to run it out front of my house, i dont want to put alot into this. is there any LOW PRICED esc's out ive got a old spec motor im going to put in it for right now. any ideas it came withRPMball ends on it and a front graphite shock tower.

Please post some pics of your t3, for ideas for my wheel and body choices
Unfortunately you may not have a lot of choices when it comes to bodies. There are really only 2 bodies you can find nowadays, which is the discontinued Proline Crowd Pleazer body and the factory one.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:48 AM   #103
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

You could probably mod a T4 body to fit a T3 couldn't ya?
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:11 AM   #104
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

pickup a duratrax streak esc if you can find it as they were selling pretty cheap. If you want reverse, the MC230CR ESC does the job well, puts out a full 6V bec to the servos and has reverse lockout so you can race too.

for motor, a stock motor like the P2k2, P2k, or Orion core would be a good choice. You could also try a 19 Turn motor like the reedy Quad Mag or Orion Element. I know the ESC is rated at 20 turns and up but I ran this ESC with a 19 Turn and didn't have any problems, just gear conservatively.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:30 AM   #105
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

My old Duratrax Streak and Reedy 19t quad mag was a smooth setup
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote