R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Traxxas 2.4 wont work with novak havok (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/411355-traxxas-2-4-wont-work-novak-havok.html)

Maxxborg 06-25-2010 04:03 PM

Traxxas 2.4 wont work with novak havok

I am having trouble getting a traxxas 2.4 radio to work with a novak havoc esc. The esc just flashes red and amber a couple times then does nothing. I tried hooking it up to another radio (spektrum) and the esc work flawlessly. I am frustrated with the way traxxas set-up is. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Maxxborg 06-25-2010 04:03 PM

I have tried the one-touch set-up on the ESC and it does not work. It has to be a weird setting on the Radio.

brickshouse 06-25-2010 04:48 PM

tried reversing the throttle? it wont calibrate i take it? My buddy used a havok with his am traxxas radio that comes with the rtr rustler.....must have something wrong...

Maxxborg 06-25-2010 04:53 PM

I thought that to. I tried reversing the Throttle Servo and nothing. The dumb Traxxas Spektrum is crazy to program. Million flashing light in certain sequences. is there a master reset option, something that set the whole radio back to factory settings?

brickshouse 06-25-2010 05:15 PM

i think it has more than 1 model, just changemodel and all settings are at default, explain how your trying to configure the esc to trans.

brickshouse 06-25-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Maxxborg (Post 7590883)
I thought that to. I tried reversing the Throttle Servo and nothing. The dumb Traxxas Spektrum is crazy to program. Million flashing light in certain sequences. is there a master reset option, something that set the whole radio back to factory settings?

look into your manual or go to traxxas site or google, not all that familiar with that transmitter, looked at them, apparently theres a couple different ones....

nutz4rcyktw 06-25-2010 06:00 PM

All those flashing lights on the ESC and the radio system are telling you something. As previously stated find the instructions and see what the message is that you are receiving.

You must have the radio bound to the receiver before you can set the ESC. It doesn't sound like that has happened.

Maxxborg 06-26-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw (Post 7591103)
All those flashing lights on the ESC and the radio system are telling you something. As previously stated find the instructions and see what the message is that you are receiving.

The lights do not match up to any of the codes from Novak.

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw (Post 7591103)
You must have the radio bound to the receiver before you can set the ESC. It doesn't sound like that has happened.

Steering works.

Originally Posted by brickshouse (Post 7590959)
i think it has more than 1 model, just changemodel and all settings are at default, explain how your trying to configure the esc to trans.

Great idea

cbtumedic 06-26-2010 08:45 PM

Make sure the throttle sub-trim is set to 0, I know the castle esc's will freak out if sub-trim is not 0 when calibrating the esc. Good luck.

Maxxborg 06-28-2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by cbtumedic (Post 7594686)
Make sure the throttle sub-trim is set to 0, I know the castle esc's will freak out if sub-trim is not 0 when calibrating the esc. Good luck.

Great Idea. Thanks