Losi strike 2wd

Old 06-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wisc-ace View Post
I won the Stock SCT A-main with mine this weekend. It just needs a few upgrades from stock to be reliable. It is not ROAR legal though.
The Strike drives unique and is pretty nice on a dirt track.. you cannot run it with out a few MANDITORY upgrades though.. they are pretty cheap, but have to be done if you want to have fun and not break a lot.

1) Front aluminum pivot block
2) Losi CVD's
3) SC10 Slipper pads

Do these three things and you can have a TON of fun and even race competative w/ a strike.

If you upgrade the turnbuckles and ends that is even 1 more up in your favor, but not really needed for most. I had two of these I tweaked out and had no issues beating folks driving ALL other sct's including the blitz, sc10 & the Ultima SC. If you run inside on a carpet I highly suggest a lower COG mod that can also be done quite easily.

As the others noted if you go to a ROAR event you cannot run but every other event including short course nat's they can be used. I know of no local track that refuses anyone.. most are glad to have the competition, just make srue if you go brushless you find out what turn motor your track allows, it does very some but 13.5t is the most common.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 376 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
The Strike drives unique and is pretty nice on a dirt track.. you cannot run it with out a few MANDITORY upgrades though.. they are pretty cheap, but have to be done if you want to have fun and not break a lot.

1) Front aluminum pivot block
2) Losi CVD's
3) SC10 Slipper pads

Do these three things and you can have a TON of fun and even race competative w/ a strike.

If you upgrade the turnbuckles and ends that is even 1 more up in your favor, but not really needed for most. I had two of these I tweaked out and had no issues beating folks driving ALL other sct's including the blitz, sc10 & the Ultima SC. If you run inside on a carpet I highly suggest a lower COG mod that can also be done quite easily.

As the others noted if you go to a ROAR event you cannot run but every other event including short course nat's they can be used. I know of no local track that refuses anyone.. most are glad to have the competition, just make srue if you go brushless you find out what turn motor your track allows, it does very some but 13.5t is the most common.
I am very happy with my strike, I got the steal idler,aluminum front pivot block and so on and so on..... .Reliability is not an issue. Handling is a whole other story, I have had days of horror and days of extreme pleasure. If you stay consistent with your set up, this truck is very capable. Just like anything else.