Looking for a Good Buggy (Cheap)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a Good Buggy (Cheap)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Looking for a Good Buggy (Cheap)

Im not rich but im looking for a good Buggy that has alot of Hopups for it. What do you guys think is a good buggy. I was thinking the Ofna 1/8 Hyper 7 TQ Black RTR w/.28 Mac Star Hyper

but its not on the payment plan. I could prolly save for it. What do you guys think of it?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You are in the electric off-road section. But since I know nitro as well I can answer. The hyper 7 is a proven platform that is still pretty competitive today although it is an aging design. Any rtr electronics and engine will not be great, so you will want to plan on upgrading those, if you are planning on racing it, you may NEED to change to a .21 engine since some tracks require buggies to run .21 engines.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just seen that I was in the wrong section. Thanks for the Tip. I wasnt planning on racing with it. Just looking to bash at the Local track.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Caster ZX 1.5 rtr is really nice. It comes with a 2.4 radio and a GO Engine and big bore shocks.
One of the team drivers is running the rtr car this season just to prove that it is competitive.

http://casterracingusa.com/product.p...3&cat=1&page=2
Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Not a bad deal here:

http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...dproduct=12018
Old 06-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

How much of a difference is the hyper 9 to the hyper 7 black? I see the hyper 9 is only 192 bux
Old 06-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by capone
How much of a difference is the hyper 9 to the hyper 7 black? I see the hyper 9 is only 192 bux

The hyper 9 that he showed you has no servo's, radio system, or engine/pipe. It is a much better racer but since you are bashing it really would not matter. The hyper 7 would be a fine basher buggy.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

kool thanks. Yeah there really isnt anywhere to race around here anyways. the closest place to race is over 2 hours and to be honest im not driving 2+ hours to race around here its all about bashing and having fun.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you are going to be bashing then maybe you should look at some Stadium trucks (Rustler vxl or E Firestorm), monster trucks (Stampede VXL, E-Revo or regular E-Savage) or short course (Slash, Slash 4x4, Blitz). The trucks will give you a higher ground clearance and allow you to handle a wider variety of terrain easier.

I have a Slash that I just did a simple Monster Truck conversion on. Swap out the tires and take out a few spacers and it's back to being a short course truck.