Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
mamba monster slash 4x4 >

mamba monster slash 4x4

mamba monster slash 4x4

Reply

Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 AM
  #16  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by prdmetalworks View Post
This setup might be fun to bash with, but will be way too uncontrollable for racing.

You can not run 2S & 3S at the same time

Your drivetrain will probably blow apart on 4S, dont even consider 6S

If you want to go fast, run 3S with the stock motor.
im only thinking on nimh or 2s or 3s
MTown701 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:20 AM
  #17  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by rinferno View Post
Dont need that much torque 2650 will tear the drivetrain up, you'll only get 19610 rpm on 7.4v or 37000 with the novak, the novak is a 5000kv motor. I have a 4.5 Novak in my scrt10 4x4 and love it. I have RC8 with a 2200 mm w 4 cell and i still have to tone it down to drive comfortably. Thats your call but i think you'll be much happier with the novak motor in your slash 4x4.
what do you mean it will tear the drive terrain apart are there any stronger ones? will the novak overheat on a 3s after a run? thats my biggest problem with the velineon
MTown701 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:21 AM
  #18  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I am running a mmp and castle 5700 motor it gets hot when bashing but it's perfect on the track. I also installed a lrp heatsink and fan to help cool it down. On the track it start in the 150-160's. But on the street doind speed runs it gets to 180 after 12-15 min. Pleanty fast onthe track though.

Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
  #19  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I am running a mmp and castle 5700 motor it gets hot when bashing but it's perfect on the track. I also installed a lrp heatsink and fan to help cool it down. On the track it start in the 150-160's. But on the street doind speed runs it gets to 180 after 12-15 min. Pleanty fast onthe track though.

i have that motor in my b4 and its very very powerfull
MTown701 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:54 PM
  #20  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tacoma, wa
Posts: 52
Default

If you use the 5700 it will get too hot, Castle Creations doesnt recommend using 5700 in a 4x4 check their website!!!
rinferno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM
  #21  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Da Bayou
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rinferno View Post
If you use the 5700 it will get too hot, Castle Creations doesnt recommend using 5700 in a 4x4 check their website!!!
+1...They recommend the MMM w/ 2650 for SC 4x4. The Jammin and Ofna trucks drive trains have no trouble handling the torque. The 4x4 trucks are a lot closer to 1/8 scale than 1/10. I've never had a Traxxas but the Jammin and Ofna are more of an 1/8 scale breed.
sdmlsu1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:14 PM
  #22  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by sdmlsu1 View Post
+1...They recommend the MMM w/ 2650 for SC 4x4. The Jammin and Ofna trucks drive trains have no trouble handling the torque. The 4x4 trucks are a lot closer to 1/8 scale than 1/10. I've never had a Traxxas but the Jammin and Ofna are more of an 1/8 scale breed.
That sounds like alot of motor and speed control in a lightweight truck. I bet you will beat up the drive train with a 2650KV motor unless you are running 2S. The 1/8 buggy guys I know are only running 3S with 1500 to 1700 kv motors.
williamw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:38 PM
  #23  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Da Bayou
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by williamw View Post
That sounds like alot of motor and speed control in a lightweight truck. I bet you will beat up the drive train with a 2650KV motor unless you are running 2S. The 1/8 buggy guys I know are only running 3S with 1500 to 1700 kv motors.
2s or 3s depending on the track. I run 1900 4s in my 1/8. The 2650 is an 1/8 motor but its the smaller can.
sdmlsu1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:51 PM
  #24  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,644
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MTown701 View Post
will this novak still have as much torque and power and acceleration as the mamba monster?
Not quite , but thats a good thing cause the Mamba Monster is too much in this light of a car . My Slash 4x4 would pull wheelies with the center diff in it when running the HV4.5 .
BashemSmashem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 PM
  #25  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I am running a mmp and castle 5700 motor it gets hot when bashing but it's perfect on the track. I also installed a lrp heatsink and fan to help cool it down. On the track it start in the 150-160's. But on the street doind speed runs it gets to 180 after 12-15 min. Pleanty fast onthe track though.

i already tried this and it overheated and shut off
MTown701 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:33 PM
  #26  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by sdmlsu1 View Post
+1...They recommend the MMM w/ 2650 for SC 4x4. The Jammin and Ofna trucks drive trains have no trouble handling the torque. The 4x4 trucks are a lot closer to 1/8 scale than 1/10. I've never had a Traxxas but the Jammin and Ofna are more of an 1/8 scale breed.
hah the 1/8 buggy guys i know are running the 2650kv mamba monster with at least 4s and theyre flyin off the track.
MTown701 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 PM
  #27  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tacoma, wa
Posts: 52
Default

plus one on that, I run a novak 4.5hv in my scrt10 runs great, 5700 mamba got too hot thats why I switched, I think going to a 2650 is a little too much, besides just about everyone loves the 550 motors for 4x4s.
rinferno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:44 PM
  #28  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by prdmetalworks View Post
This setup might be fun to bash with, but will be way too uncontrollable for racing.

You can not run 2S & 3S at the same time

Your drivetrain will probably blow apart on 4S, dont even consider 6S

If you want to go fast, run 3S with the stock motor.
im only gonna run 2s or 3s and i might by stronger driveterain.
MTown701 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:10 AM
  #29  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 860
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

You can't just buy a stronger drivetrain. If you gear the velineon system right on 3s it will not overheat. There are plenty of guys at my track running velineon on 3s. The mm system is not the answer.
Zachfeen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:00 AM
  #30  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 166
Default

thanks for all your help i have decided what i am going to do. I will get the mamba monster 2650kv and run a 2s so the drivetrain doesn't fly apart and because i want the torque and power of the mamba monster and i also want it to be bullet proof.
Thanks for the help
MTown701 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service