Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Serpent S811 Cobra, Brushless... >

Serpent S811 Cobra, Brushless...

Serpent S811 Cobra, Brushless...

Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

back to work today after the great winter storm of 2011 here in alabama ..heres the rx8 set up i ran at the opening race ...tight track ...great traction ....the only thing i may do is drop 1 tooth off the pinion and run a 17t ....other than that it was dialed ...mtr never got over 130and esc hovered around 115-120 ...never even checked it after the second heat race
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RX8 SETUP SERPENT.pdf (350.4 KB, 132 views)
Old 01-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
back to work today after the great winter storm of 2011 here in alabama ..heres the rx8 set up i ran at the opening race ...tight track ...great traction ....the only thing i may do is drop 1 tooth off the pinion and run a 17t ....other than that it was dialed ...mtr never got over 130and esc hovered around 115-120 ...never even checked it after the second heat race
Lol, just looked at your RX8 profile. Wow, you do know that drag brake and push control oppose eachother? Why do you have both active?

Anyway, raced my RCM converted 811 for the first time Saturday. Still getting the setup tweaked for my driving style. Car was fast in the main, I just kept wrecking for no reason. Still needs a bit more steering, but I have a few ideas for that.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Lol, just looked at your RX8 profile. Wow, you do know that drag brake and push control oppose eachother? Why do you have both active?

Anyway, raced my RCM converted 811 for the first time Saturday. Still getting the setup tweaked for my driving style. Car was fast in the main, I just kept wrecking for no reason. Still needs a bit more steering, but I have a few ideas for that.
was it you that said that same thing on the tekin thread about the push control because i went out and tested all day last tuesday aftr reading that and i took the push control out and left the drag brake and vice versa ...and the car acts totally different ...its funny because it runs best the way i have it set ...tried it with all different variations of percentages with the 2 settings ...i cant explain it ...but i ended up right were i had it set in the beginning ....glad you did good with the eserpent drop your diff fluid down to 2k or 1k in the rear if you want it to rotate more ...
Old 01-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

getting mine built as we speak..this is going to be fun!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Raced with Stealth RT on Saturday. The car looked really good on the track.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Still some things I want to try before chaning diff fluids. Put more droop in the car front and rear, went back to losi green rear springs. Still have to play with front kickup and the LR rear toe in block.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Still some things I want to try before chaning diff fluids. Put more droop in the car front and rear, went back to losi green rear springs. Still have to play with front kickup and the LR rear toe in block.
Stealth, where are you from? We are having a big electric event at my indoor place Feb 4-6. You should take a look at making it down.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

dont have the lr toe block yet but running 110mm droop in the rear and 98mm droop in the front ...29mm rh in rear and 27mm rh in front
Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Stealth, where are you from? We are having a big electric event at my indoor place Feb 4-6. You should take a look at making it down.
Get Serpent to sponsor me for e-scale with this car, pay my way, and I'll be there I live in western PA.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Get Serpent to sponsor me for e-scale with this car, pay my way, and I'll be there I live in western PA.
They are looking for drivers in different areas so if your a driver who wouldl benefit them make sure to send them a resume. Talk to you soon.

Would you also explain your thinking on the "push" control versus the Drag Brake? I am trying to figure this out
Old 01-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ABURTON
They are looking for drivers in different areas so if your a driver who wouldl benefit them make sure to send them a resume. Talk to you soon.

Would you also explain your thinking on the "push" control versus the Drag Brake? I am trying to figure this out
Drag brake is just like it sounds. When you let off the throttle its a constant load it puts on the motor. Similar to the driveline not free rolling. Push control is when you let off the throttle the car then uses X amount of delayed throttle to continue to move the car. Like if you were to say full throttle is 100 and idle is zero, push means depening on the value it can hold 10% throttle for X amount of time after the throttle goes to zero. I tried it and didn't like it. The buggy was not consistent when letting off. Alan if you need any setup help with the tekin or the motors just give me a shout. Heck me and zixxer talk daily or every other day.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sticker Printing

i always like to read some good and informative
blogs and this blog is also so good and helpful.
thanks for taking time to discus this topic..
Old 01-25-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Drag brake is just like it sounds. When you let off the throttle its a constant load it puts on the motor. Similar to the driveline not free rolling. Push control is when you let off the throttle the car then uses X amount of delayed throttle to continue to move the car. Like if you were to say full throttle is 100 and idle is zero, push means depening on the value it can hold 10% throttle for X amount of time after the throttle goes to zero. I tried it and didn't like it. The buggy was not consistent when letting off. Alan if you need any setup help with the tekin or the motors just give me a shout. Heck me and zixxer talk daily or every other day.
yes we do ok so even though the settings soiund the same in theory ...then the question still remains what is the difference ? between the 2 ......i think the push control smooths the transition between letting off throttle and the actual drag brake kicking in ....i surely wont claim to know anything at all about the hot wire ...but i do know that at the track practicing last tuesday i had this happen ....my esc reset it self to a crazy setting of 60% drag brake ....i didnt realize this before i out it on the track and realized something wa wrong ...that being said ....when i drove just about 3 feet pulling out of the pits and let of throttle the didnt apply the drag brake for at least a foot and when it did it locked up because of the 60% drag brake ...but there was a hesitation befoe the drag brake kicked in....probably something you wouldnt notice if you had it set really low at like 15% ....so do we think there is a hesitation before the drake brake ...and if so do we think push control is there to bridge that gap to make the transistion smoother ? just trying to understand the diff between the 2 settings ...my point ...why would you have both settings if they are the same ?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

figured id ask over here its less crowded ...any one know what wheel nuts interchanged with the serpent
Old 01-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zixxer
figured id ask over here its less crowded ...any one know what wheel nuts interchanged with the serpent
Mugen ones. They are better since they are the locking kind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.