Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Post ebay sale question about engine plse HELP! >

Post ebay sale question about engine plse HELP!

Post ebay sale question about engine plse HELP!

Old 05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Default Post ebay sale question about engine plse HELP!

I sold a HPI RS4 nitro MT on ebay. HERE: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSO%3AIT&rd=1

I had run the engine and truck and everything seemed fine. Well I recieved an email from the person who bought it and it stated:

"engine ran for 2 minutes then put a rod through the block" (that isn't exact but something along those lines.

WHAT DO I DO??????????
Old 05-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

EBay items are generally sold as-is but it’s best to try and work something out. It looks like he got a good deal even with the busted engine. He could send the engine in to horizon hobbies for non-warranty repair but it’s probably not cost effective to do so.To bad the engine was not an hpi they have a great engine replacement program. Also ask him if he replaced the stripped gear you mentioned in the description before running it. Tough question good luck.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I can tell him what you said. The engine is only 70 bucks new(if I remember correctly) so its not like its a wonderful engine.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

I've been racing R/C cars for a loooong time and I've NEVER seen a rod break through the case. The only possible way that would ever happen is to lift the car off the ground and hold it wide open until the rod broke, but even then it's VERY unlikely..

A rod will not break unless the engine has been at unncessarily high RPM's for any length of time. If you never did anything like that to it, it's his fault.

Sounds like misuse to me.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

I only ran about 1/2 a tank (I didn't measure exactly half, but no where near a full tank) When I ran it the truck was in my driveway and on my front yard, i will let him know that I dont know why it happened, or how, and that I am sorry it did but I can't do anything about it now.

thanks for the replies
Old 05-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

for those of you, like me, who have never seen a rod go through a block here is a picture the guy sent me. All I have to say is YIKES!
Attached Thumbnails Post ebay sale question about engine plse HELP!-dcp01935%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 05-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

wow..
Old 05-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

There isn't any way to prove what the guy did when he got it.
His word against yours. Your ad specifically states "all sales final" etc. That lets you off of the hook with Ebay if he has you suspended. His loss.