Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R1wurks Short course 4x4 Cooling system

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losifiend
Agreed, but I think it will work. Most heat sinks need to have some kind of transfer agent between the sink and the motor case to efficiently conduct heat. Any air gaps and it wont work properly.

This might actually work better. I would order one for sure
Yes I'm concerning about the wide gaps between fans and motor, the airflows from those fans should be running in enclosed space...something like this perhaps:

But again...can't say anything until we try it....
Old 06-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Krawl
Yes I'm concerning about the wide gaps between fans and motor, the airflows from those fans should be running in enclosed space...something like this perhaps:

But again...can't say anything until we try it....
I thought most brushless cans aren't vented aside from the endbell? That setup in the pic wouldn't do a damn thing unless the fan was placed over vents. You show air coming in the end but unless that can is vented under the fan...useless.

A perfect setup would use silver grease or heat transfer paste like you use in between CPU's and the heat sink on your motor/heatsink fan setup. The better the contact the better the heat transfer.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wow, how about them cardinals?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losifiend
Agreed, but I think it will work. Most heat sinks need to have some kind of transfer agent between the sink and the motor case to efficiently conduct heat. Any air gaps and it wont work properly.

This might actually work better. I would order one for sure
I agree, most 550 and over motor cans have ribs or ridges of some kind and do not transfer heat to a heat sink very well, a lot of cars also don't have much room for a full heat sink. In these cases a fan or fans over the motor does a good job of keeping the temps down. Does it work as well as a full heat sink and fan fitted to a smooth caned motor, no, but that set up is not always possible. Good job on your product, people that know what they need will buy it.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
LOL, not even close. I ordered 3 for friends and the total shipped was like 26$ Shipping from there is by weight, since these are uber light, it doesn't cost very much at all. Geesh, lots of racist anti chinese people on here
I just don't like the sad economics of it all....
Old 01-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default application

where is the application info???? this doesnt look like it would fit on the AE SC10 4x4's tiny motor compartment.

and that nerd needs to keep his comments to himself. if he "knows" that much with his "real world experience" then R1 wurks should give him a job. SIKE(ya, spelling, i know)
Old 01-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Holy 2 year old rusty thread Batman !