Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What do u use 2 make ur 1/8 electric QUIET on the track? >

What do u use 2 make ur 1/8 electric QUIET on the track?

What do u use 2 make ur 1/8 electric QUIET on the track?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Stupid question. Isn't it harder for a marshall to find your car the quieter it is?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The Matrix chassis for the 8ight is $300!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Woah...that's crazy expensive...plus shipping! Time to get sponsored by those guys!!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DG Designs
The bare chassis is only like $110
Old 06-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Stupid question. Isn't it harder for a marshall to find your car the quieter it is?
Not if you crash into thier ankle!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Price Correction. 109.oo for the Matrix Chassis. 300.oo is for the Complete CF Kit.

Actually the Price for a Matrix Concepts Inc, Carbon Fiber Chassis, comes with Replaceable Droop Screw Plates, and built into the Chassis, Replaceable Skid Plates; is only 109.oo. The 300.oo dollar package is the Complete Carbon Fiber kit, and aluminum axles and drive shafts and allot of other parts. Sorry you became confused by the pricing.

In the four years that these chassis have been raced, not one has broke. These chassis also have flex built into them, so there not stiff at all. These really are great chassis. Hope this helps.

PS. These Chassis are hand made. Each individual from a mold. These are not cut from Pre-Fabricated Carbon Fiber Sheets.

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Turn Marshals at Nitro Races Thinking the Electric Buggy is Broke Or Dead.

That's one problem I've encountered when racing my Electric Buggies, 1/8th scale, at the Nitro races. When I end up, Upside down, The turn marshals, half the time pick up my buggy and try to hand it to someone in the pits. I've actually had allot of trouble with this happing. It's almost like, many of the Nitro racers just can't imagine a buggy being powered by anything but Nitro. And if it's not making noise, it must be broke, or dead. I almost forgot about those early days. Now days I always, or for the most part anyway, stick with racing at the local indoor tracks that host electric racing. I'll never forget yelling out, "put my car down, Put my car down", and slightly tapping the throttle trying to show the turn marshal that my buggy is electric. Many of them completely trip out when they see the wheels spin with no engine. They've even told me after the race, "I didn't know how it was doing that", as if it was magic or some super power. I wish :-)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Old 06-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Great Thread. Keep the information flowing.

I think the shipping for a carbon fiber chassis this light, is probably about two or three dollars. But then, that's for me because I'm in the same state as Matrix Concepts Inc. California. Just have the chassis put in a padded envelope. Padded envelope will cost you about two or three dollars as well. So now you're up to six dollars total, for shipping; Plus 109.oo for the Carbon Fiber Chassis. That's about 115.oo Plus Tax. Not bad for a chassis that's stronger than steel(of equal weight), and more flexible than the stock chassis. And this chassis will never wear out, or at least last allot longer because it's serviceable. the areas of the chassis that wear out, are replaceable. And those replaceable skid plates are only seven dollars each. Also in carbon fiber, or aluminum. Your choice.

But it looks like you were thinking that the chassis was going to cost you allot more than it actually cost.

PS. This Thread has produced some great information, I thank all of you for posting here. Please keep the awesome, and valuable information flow steady. Thank all of you for making this thread Great!

Originally Posted by BLbound
Woah...that's crazy expensive...plus shipping! Time to get sponsored by those guys!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

tekin motors!!
Old 07-26-2015, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys so sorry just recently registered with this forum I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to post a thread
Old 07-27-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ben L.
Hey guys so sorry just recently registered with this forum I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to post a thread
And you ask that in a threat that is over 5 years old... nice grave digging.

But to answer your question: there should be a button on the main sections (some where top-left) that says "New Thread". Not sure if there are other requirements in place you need to fulfill first (minimum number of posts or a mod approving the post, etc.)
Old 07-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BLbound
At the track some 1/8's are quieter than others...I wanted to see what everyone's using to lube the ring and pinion gears and to see if they've noticed their buggy is any quieter? I've used AE black grease and Losi white lube that seems to work fairly well...what do you guys use if any?
I run all Serpent kit parts and mine is nearly silent. I know what you mean - some of them sound like there is gravel in the driveline!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my sworkz is really quite and i'm running the stock plastic spur gear with a losi pinion. i haven't started to get any cv noise yet but its only got 4-5 races
Old 07-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Don't know why you would want to make them quieter i agree with one of the guys on here that said the marshall wont hear it as good if you wreck its bad enough lol.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cool