R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-24-2004, 06:46 AM   #76
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

What advantages do you gain with a one-way and about how much do they cost?

Do you know how thick the graphite chassis is, both the chassis and the upper decks?

I posted a message to BMI Racing to see how much it would be to get a chassis machined for the SB buggy. I like how they do colored material, will post what they tell me.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #77
Tech Rookie

Default Forum

The VIP area has been set up by Evolution racing Products, we are the UK importer for the Academy range in the UK. If you wish to use the VIP area please goto the site www.raceacademy.net register then send an e-mail to [email protected] saying the car you use, your username and the shop which you purchased the car from.

We would very much like to have some members from the USA.

I hope this information will be of help to you.
Academy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:28 AM   #78
Tech Rookie

Default Sponsored Drivers

Dave Grunill in one of our Evolution Racing Products drivers in the UK who is using the SB Buggy, he is sponsored by ourselves and not Academy. He is kind enough to answer your question, but he does not have to.

We have 9 sponsored drivers who drive for ourselves, but they do not have any direct contact with Academy.

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have. As that is our job.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:16 AM   #79
Tech Legend

Academy UK,

just sent you an email as I can't login to the site, it says its taking my login id, but then it kicks me back to the login screen.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #80
Tech Legend

Are the kits coming with pozi screws?

The VIP section is up and running. With some US drivers we could post thoughts on setups for US style tracks. I will probably post the "Basher" setup
Old 05-26-2004, 07:12 AM   #81
Tech Legend

So, anyone gotten to run there's yet? How is the kit setup?
Old 05-26-2004, 05:59 PM   #82
Tech Initiate

Default Still working on mine Caine

Just painted the body tonight, awaiting my Bearings from Boca (Friday) to complete it. Hopefully I'll race it this weekend agianst some stiff Losi. But I'll not only have a new buggy but be the New guy at the track....

All in all I'm happy with it, didn't like that the instructions didn't state to use the long top and bottom shock mount. Had to rebuild the shocks 3 times working with Short top and short bottom, then long top and short bottom, then finally long top and long bottom. So make sure you don't use the short plastic mounts for the shocks.

Another thing the quality of the shocks, Ok for sport I guess but I have higher expectations. Can someone tell me what dimensions these shocks are, and where do you measure a shock (from and to) to get the length?

Lastly, I hope the Velcro on body works ok....... kind of wonder what if the paint releases from he lexan, then there goes the velcro too...... Hmmmm

Here is the line up for bearings:
(4) 10x15x4 (inner stub)
(4) 5x10x4 (outer stub)
(4) 5x8x2.5 (differential) (This is what I worked out with Boca, saying that most of Academy's kits run this as a standard size) Might be 5x8x2 I have to wait 'til Friday to see how they fit.

And there is 4 4x8 flanged bushings (which I didn't get bearings yet for) in the steering setup. I have to check on width of these.

Shawn
woody0371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:44 PM   #83
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to MOJOE300
Academy U.K., I didnt ask Dave a question, he commented on my opinion. I guess I felt bad posting the way I did. When you type into a computer, you cant tell what my "tone" is. Im fully aware he is kind enough to post on here and answer our questions. Maybe if the United States distibutor (MRC) had a clue about what they are selling, people wouldnt have to ask so many questions about a car that they sell, only to have someone from another country answer the questions. Hey you know what? I dont sugar coat things, dont take offense to my opinion.
MOJOE300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:47 PM   #84
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to MOJOE300

P.S. Thanks Dave for all of your info. I didnt want to sound ungrateful. LOL. Im sure everyone here appreciates your help, I do too. Im just ticked at MRC I guess.
MOJOE300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:02 PM   #85
Tech Legend

I believe I posted the bearing sizes for the steering bearings.

I may just look into putting a set of B4 shocks on there.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:07 AM   #86
Tech Rookie

Default Reply

There is no offence taken by us. We are here to help, after all it is our job.

Feel free to ask again.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:07 AM   #87
Tech Legend

Glad to see you guys getting those kits together.

Any of you check out the VIP site yet? Good amount of guys running the cars in Europe so I have a feeling this won't be a fly by night buggy.

Anyone check to see if AE springs work on the kit shocks?
Old 05-27-2004, 06:22 AM   #88
Tech Legend

If any of you guys have prices for the various parts for the buggy, please post. Also if you ordered direct from MRC for the parts, post how much shipping was for you.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:33 AM   #89
Tech Regular

Hey All

I think MRC might kill this thing if they NOT GOING TO SHIP TO DEALERS...

I'll be racing at SoCal in California when my Factory Team B4 comes in, and I'm looking for a 4X4. I know about 8 guys that would buy it, if they had a dealer that COULD GET THEM LOCAL!!! Right now there running XXX-4 G+, or Yokomo's... But if you can't get parts at the Track or local, WHY BOTHER!!!

Hope ""Academy UK"" will talk to them(MRC)!!!

Great Racing!!!

Brad Gotori
[email protected]
bgotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:53 AM   #90
Tech Legend

MRC is still giving that won't ship to dealers line?

Woody : you said you are getting to know those guys better at MRC, can you drop them a line and see what all this is about?