R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-10-2004, 12:04 PM   #781
Tech Rookie

I think we still have the onw-way bearings in stock, but are out of the one way shafts.
Chris Higa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #782
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks for the thought Chris...Did the shock check already, but didnt look at the suspension movement, did break an arm earlier in the night, I will go through that if I get time this weekend. Chris, same question as Cain...any front one way diffs available yet? I was there on Tuesday and there was nothing.

Thanks
Joey
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:34 AM   #783
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Suggestions

My SB is on it's way to me right now...what suggestions do you guys have for setting it up the right way the first time? I will be racing it on a fairly rough outdoor track that 8ths will be running on also, VERY large track, medium bite, some big jumps but mostly high speed corners with very little stop/go corners. Are there any tricks you can point out?
Thank you for your time!
dylanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:26 AM   #784
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

With the track being rough, put the max antisquat & max degrees kick up in the front end. After assembling just the chassis bottom plate and suspension arms, check for binding/hitting the chassis. The chassis is a sedan chassis, designed to limit downtravel of the arms. A few cuts with a dremel type tool and full travel can be acheived without sacrificing any durability. You didnt say if the track is hard packed or loose/loamy, that would change what tires you run, and I am assuming that you already have sourced all the bearings needed and titianium turnbuckles. If you need more help, ask away, there are a lot of smart people here who can answer questions.
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:44 PM   #785
Tech Fanatic

I am fine in the tire department. So far it is soft and loamy, they are trying to figure out how to get it packed...I would really rather a loose track, gets rough, I like it rough...

Thanks for the tip on downtravel...I had to do the same on a Hyper 7 I had. The Kyosho I drive now has too much downtravel so there I use the set screws to limit it.

The buggy should be here tomorrow or Tuesday!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:25 AM   #786
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Sounds like the track i run on.

If you are going with AE shocks, I am running a #1 piston in the rear and a #3 up front. This seemed the best combination for me as the oil rates that I end up using seem more in the right range ( 25 weight to 35 weight ).

The track is going to change but I was using on its roughest day 30 Weight up front, 25 weight in the rear. AE silver springs up front and green springs in the rear.

I also ran my lower shock position on the inner hole in the rear and the middle or inner hole on the front.

Its more trial and error than anything else. I have a little setup instruction guide that tells me what each change does and then go from there. I will post the website link when I get home.

Make sure you do the motor cam modification with a dremel ( cut a waffle like pattern on the part that fits into the motor mount ) and this will hold the motor better to the mount. Doesn't come out on high impacts anymore. I just reset it before each race, most times it doesn't need any changes.

If anyone has it, I need a setup for a smooth track, medium soft to hard ( nothing like Cali hard however ) surface with medium sized jumps as a starting point.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2004, 05:44 AM   #787
Tech Legend

Hey guys,

checking in to see if anyone has any new knews?

I got word that UPS is going to let me keep my package ( they said they would pick it up, now they say to keep it ) but still do my refund. May have to look into moving some of the hopups over.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:05 AM   #788
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no news at the moment, Cain, except I ran my STR4 Pro on the weekend, and it was JUST as quick as the X-Rays TC3's and Yokomo's, highly competitive, and I didn't even change from the kit springs.

Oh, and I got a stinking cold, so if anyone wants it, it is free to a good (or bad) home....
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:44 AM   #789
Tech Legend

I know the feeling, I am sick right now too. Man I am more pissed now, I really wish i could have run this sedan.

Looks like we may get rained out for our ROAR regional race. 70% chance of rain friday and saturday, and sunday looks like it will get some rain too.

With my moving and all, I want to get at least a few more good runs in on the vehicle before packing it up. Still checking to see what the classes are like out by where I am going and the support for parts there too.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:37 AM   #790
Tech Fanatic

OK, got it together, about got the body painted, this will be my practice body...I am totally stock right now with Novak XXtra receiver, lrp quantam comp 2 esc, Reedy 10x2, gp 3300's...pretty good combo...

where do i need to 'waffle' the motor clamp? anyone have some pics, i am guessing either the motor plate or the clamp part???

thanks
Old 09-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #791
Tech Legend

The smooth part on the motor cam that goes into the motor mount, cut a "waffle" pattern on that.

I did this and it seemed to do the trick. I get barely any movement now, and only after alot of runs and serious hits.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:54 AM   #792
Tech Apprentice

A quick question:

We all know this ball diff:

But in the online cataloge of the shop I bought my SB-Sport, I also found this one:

ST-T54

Does anybody know something about this "white theethed diff"?
The Outdrives seem to be bigger in diameter - especially after the spot where the bearings ride on - may this diff carry the bigger thrust screw and 8x3mm bearing?

Also, what about the material of the crown/bevel gear?

I have main gears in both, black and white - the white one is a bit stiffer whereas the black one is a bit "nylonish"
But the black bevel gears are already very stiff...

I hope someone can shed some light onto this
re-inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:58 AM   #793
Tech Fanatic

Where is this online catalog? Is it a parts catalog?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:07 AM   #794
Tech Legend

Tim sent me a printable setup sheet. If anyone wants a copy send me an email with your email address and what you want.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:21 AM   #795
Tech Fanatic

is it just a copy of the back of the manual? or is does it have some info on it? [email protected]