R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-25-2004, 04:37 PM   #751
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by bender
Doesn't matter to me, I just was wondering if there was a logical reason to do it differently to everyone else.

Does the SB Sport come with a spare parts/option parts sheet like the Griffin? If so, is there any chance someone could scan it and post it here?

(I wouldnt mind a scanned copy of the manual either )

Pdf file of the parts and optional parts can be found here:

http://www.modelrec.com/resources/re...iclesBoats.asp
signats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:17 AM   #752
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Hey guys I am back.

The guy I bought the Pro sedan off of didn't get it out till quite recently actually so it wasn't waiting for me as I had hoped. At least I will get in a few more runs stock.

I will give the 9 degrees kickup a try this week ( friday or sunday, not sure yet which ) and let you guys know how it goes.

So anyone got any more news or race reports?
Old 09-01-2004, 11:46 AM   #753
Tech Legend

Tim at MRC is waiting on new material steering arms that should be stiffer that he will test. if he gets them in soon I may actually get to see him test it as he is planning to come by my way to our track.

I should have my STR4 Pro in this friday. I think I am going to leave the graphite chassis on the pro and maybe run the vehicle this winter if we get a sedan class going. It will be nice however to have common parts to share. I will however mount the graphite decks and any other hop-up that I don't have to modify.

ThreeEwes: any word on any more parts you are making? some aluminum steering arms would be nice right about now.

I am thinking of picking up some more sets of tires for my pit box, any recommendations for a soft surface that can dry out to the point where you want a smaller pin than say a stud or step-pin?

I am thinking of picking up some Big Shots and some Ifmar pins.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #754
Tech Initiate

I still have these parts if some wants them.

Here are the extra parts I have for trade or sale.

Parts from the STR-4 PRO
one machined cam motor mount $20 + shipping
one carbon fiber chassis plate $30 + shipping
one carbon fiber front steering plate $15 + shipping

these are the same as what is pictured on my car.

I also have one of my camless motor mounts to trade for a long carbon fiber top plate.

Pictures on page 25.
C:\DUH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:17 PM   #755
Tech Legend

anyone running a different wing in race conditions? i am thinking of going to a more standard lexan wing for the regionals to shave some weight and not get the pogo effect off of bad jumps.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #756
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'll probably switch to a B4 wing tomorrow. It's comical to see how the car bounces when landing on the stock wing.
mtn bkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #757
Tech Legend

yeah it is pretty funny. If you have a scale, can you weight the stock wing versus a B4 wing?
Old 09-02-2004, 06:53 PM   #758
Tech Regular

Hello All!

I've been keep my nose to the grindstone so to speak. Our camless motor mount prototype is done. We are in a position now where those mounts can be manufactured in one run.
The reason this project took so long is because it had to be created from scratch. I'm so happy with this work...I'm going to apply for a copyright.
After I work out how to protect our work, then I will make them available for sale.

Cain:
Which suspension arms are you referring to?
Old 09-02-2004, 06:55 PM   #759
Tech Legend

ThreeEwes: Meant the steering arms.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:43 AM   #760
Tech Rookie

Default Differential troubles...

Hi all!

I recently bought an SB Sport after searching around on the internet. I've been meaning to get back into radio control madness that I had when I was 14.

I'm very happy with the kit, I was keen to dry something different from Tamiya and there aren't that many 4WD buggies around.

I put the kit together with only a couple of niggles which I've been trying to sort out.
My front diff isn't working as it should, if I adjust it so that the gear doesn't slip whilst the diff hubs are stationary, it doesn't seem to be tight enough becuase the power doesn't transfer to the wheels, it just slips. If I tighten it so it does, when I turn one wheel, the other turns in the opposite direction (as it should of course!) but it's tight and you can feel it binding and rubbing hard on the diff plates. I can see some markings on the diff plates where the balls are trying to make a groove. I'm gonna get some replacements but I'm wondering what's a miss?

The rear diff works smoothly and transfers the power, however I'm running a MTroniks modified motor 19turnx3 winds and when testing on tarmac without the driveshaft in (2WD madness!) you can hear the diff slipping when accelerating from a standstill.
I guess the diff needs tightning to handle the torque. Haven't readjusted yet, but I have a feeling it will run stiff/bind if I tigthen it. Please help!
I've tried rebuilding the front diff several times but dunno wots wrong! Thanks.
Loko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:57 AM   #761
Tech Legend

when you hold the diff in your hand and turn each side how does it feel? loose, tight etc?

When you put the diff in the vehicle and turn a wheel, does it turn really easy or hard?

Do you here any grinding, crunching, etc?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:35 PM   #762
Tech Rookie

With the car on the set up stand fully assembled:

The rear diff turns very easily. No crunching/grinding.
The front diff is a little stiff.
If you run it unloaded (on the stand) all wheels get drive and if I hold any corner all other 3 get drive. Or if I hold both front, the rear get drive, etc...

With the diff in my hand the front diff seems a little grindy, but I think it's cuz of the diff plates having some markings.

It feels like the rear diff is acting as a slipper clutch, by which I mean you can hear it slipping when you give it full power from a standstill on tarmac. I don't know if they all do that. I've readjusted (tightened) the rear diff...going to an aerodrome near home to give it a blast!

Will report any findings. Thanks for your help Cain.
jay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #763
Tech Regular

cain-
since the steering arms seems to be a thorn in the side of many-we'll tackle those next.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:00 AM   #764
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Looking for thoughts:

car handles great, fast, corners excellent.

on long/big air jumps, car pitches (on braking) to the left front.

if there is no braking in air, car does not pitch.

any thoughts?
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #765
Tech Legend

assuming by left front that is the side of the motor and electronics?

Not really sure why, I haven't had that problem. I wonder if some how the rotation of the motor is what is keeping it level ? You may want to post this on www.rc10b4.com and see if rickster or Randy P can help you. Dan the Man is also another good source.

Sorry couldn't help.