R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-08-2004, 09:47 AM   #481
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default locating a mrc

Any ideas where to get one of these buggies. I see at the beginning of this thread Ulitmate is the place to get a great deal. Where and how do I find this Ultimate?
Thanks
dylanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #482
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

go to :

www.ultimatehobbies.com

give them a call and ask for the buggy. They had the best price I found and they have free shipping going on as well. No spare parts yet though.

You can also try ebay and see if you find one online as well. I have seen a couple of new kits up there recently.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:43 PM   #483
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well,it's rebuilt and ready to go.Pretty free drivetrain when it's built right.lol.Got the CVD/universals for the rear(hate dogbones.).Have to use the stock shocks this weekend,as race funds are low.Will post results monday.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:40 PM   #484
Tech Legend

I got to race today, Tim at MRC sent me out a full set of Universals. These are different than the kit ones I have that broke.

I will go into more details later but the vehicle once I got the setup close to ideal ( just alittle more tweaking ) was plenty fast. A slipper is pretty much all that is needed to put that power down ideally.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:14 PM   #485
Tech Rookie

I bent a front axle today.
Does anyone have a phone number or website where we can order all the parts listed in the manual.

I want to order a bunch of stuff to have as extra but don't want to go through the LHS. If they had it I would buy it but if it must be ordered why not do it myself.

Thanks,

Chris.

BTW, I am running two cooling fans and was able to run full throttle through a pack in the hot humid weather without thermaling it.
tmqdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:04 AM   #486
Tech Legend

Best bet right now is to order from MRC direct. If what you order is over $100 I believe the shipping is free.

If you have a change I would love to see the pics of your fan setup. Outside temp really makes a difference on vehicle cooling.

Ok, here is my quick report:

My axles came in friday, almost didn't race today but my wife saw them in the mail. Great job MRC! Tim sent me the full set of UJs.

When I got a chance to compare them to the broken ones, they axle part is actually a bit longer than the previous one and the hole doesn't look ast oval as the one that broke. I still decided to go with the plastic hexes which seemed to fit better anyway. I think some of the pin filing that had to be done could have been from the fact that the axles use a 11mm pin and probably got mixed in where a 10mm pin was needed.

I was running the following:

19T Reedy Quad Mag Motor w/ 767 brushes installed
C2 Speed control on Modified setting
MX-3 Radio Gear
925MG Servo
Losi IFMAR Stud tires all around
23 tooth pinion on the 67T Spur ( 70 too wobbly, got a new one from tim and will mount on tear down )
30W all around
#2 in the rear #3 up front
Front Top Shock position on outer hole
Front Bottom shock position on middle hole
Rear Top shock position on middle hole
Rear Bottom Shock position on outer hole
Greens in the rear
Silvers up front

During my testing the rear was too bouncy still on certain parts of the track. I went to rear shock position on the bottom on inner hole, 25 weight oil in the rear. This seemed to be a good mix and gave great jumping ability and bumpy section handling. I may try going back to outer hole on the arms.

with my 19T power plant I was able to plan second then 3rd in the two heats.

After calming down a bit and taking it easier in the main I was leading against the mod class but coming off a big jump I came down full weight on one front wheel and shattered the arm and bottom shock eyelet. The temperature had dropped so I wonder if the vehicle parts were cool.

All in all though the vehicle handled great, it really just needs a slipper so you can punch it more on the throttle. But when you had it hooked up, it was a bullet out there.

The motor cam didn't really move at all, but I still am going to see about a Kose mount or the alumimum machined cam as there was still some shifting.

The gearing felt pretty good, I will check and see the condition of the motor tonite when I do a teardown. maybe a pinion size less when the sun is out.

All in all, great performance and the axles held up quite well.

The longer axle seems to put more of the shaft in the diff cup so I think less wear will be seen.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #487
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you have had an issue of a wishbone shattering, then you could do what you do with some Yokomo parts, and that is boil them. Basicaly, put the suspension plastic parts in a pot of water, heat gently till the water simmers, let it simmer for a minute, then take the pan off the heat, let the water cool down by itself, once the water is tepid, the plastic should be less brittle.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:30 PM   #488
Tech Legend

I think it may have been more to how cold it got, plus I tried to take a big double all in one shot.

I will say that the vehicle really jumps true. I almost need to get less nose up, right now its a nose up machine!

I will say that if you are going to run the vehicle, go to the composite hexes if you got them.

Haven't gone through my vehicle yet, I have to see what I can rig to replace the broken lower shock mount.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:07 AM   #489
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

Well, sorry guys, I'm not gunna be in this forum for much longer, as I just bought a XXX4 off of eBay. Sorry Guys!
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #490
Tech Legend

Nothing to be sorry about. Go with what you feel you are more comfortable with and have fun, thats the main thing. Besides, the more people running 4wd in general, the better.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:05 PM   #491
Tech Legend

cool picture here, I wonder how it handles with all the graphite:

Old 07-11-2004, 03:27 PM   #492
Tech Regular

I love the look of all that carbon fiber!

Last edited by threeEwes; 07-12-2004 at 10:41 AM.
threeEwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:19 PM   #493
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

That's exactly what I was thinking when I put my bid in, Cain!

As for the picture: WOW.
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:23 PM   #494
Tech Legend

I love the love too!

So both you and ThreeEwes race together? Should be interesting to see a side by side of the two vehicles against each other.

ThreeEwes, have you tried the trimmed chassis thing yet? It really does work quite well. I think with the new UJs ( if the ones that Tim sent me are the new ones that is ) you should be even able to get away with longer shocks in the rear, so more droop back there. The extra droop though made a big difference. The vehicle is amazing. just need that slipper for all that torque.

anyone know where you can find the fans like on the picture?
Old 07-11-2004, 05:11 PM   #495
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Cain, you should be able to find one of those fans at Radio Shack or other electronics store.
mtn bkr is offline   Reply With Quote