R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #256
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

Thanks Cain, and after I sat and thought about it, I'm gunna stay with the SB Sport, because I don't have my license and I don't have any onroad courses near me, so it'd only be for fun, which what fun is in driving on a home made street course by yourself?
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:09 PM   #257
Tech Master

Cookie Monster, that's actually a good idea, but how much work would it be?
Old 06-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #258
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, shock towers are four screws each, then you got the shock bottoms, so thats another four screws, pop the wheels off, pull out the outer hinge pin, take the suspension mount of either end, another four screw, slap in the TC arms, change the driveshafts, put it back together, no more than 45 mins I would say.

Or you could just have the whole suspension units built up, including the driveshafts and hubs.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 05:04 PM   #259
Tech Master

I'm just gunna prioritize... SB Sport first, TC3 or Pro4 when I have a job and a license...

by the way, $25! an eighth of the way there!

Wait, so does Ultimate have them for 150 now or still or something?
Old 06-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #260
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Ultimate from the last I heard still has them selling for $145, and they have free shipping on orders over $50 right now, been that way for about 3 months?

I will probably get to run my vehicle on a really big offroad track soon, may go up there this tuesday and practice first. you can check it out at www.wolcotthobby.com . I went there with the family Friday and man is it big and there is ALOT of buggy drivers and I saw two 4wd losi's going around the track. They are looking to do a 19T class.
Cain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 08:52 PM   #261
Tech Master

Yeah, okay, I'm rapidly making money... well faster than my usual pace...

Should be in my garage by August, I'm hoping... As long as I find a buyer for my T3...
Old 06-21-2004, 07:16 AM   #262
Tech Legend

So what electronics are you looking to put in it? Small ones work the best of course, unless you mount the receiver on the upper deck.

If you need a small speedo let me know, I have a spare GM V8 (no motor limit, 6V BEC and about the size of a quantum ) that I don't need anymore.

I think tuesday to test it out is a go for me on the track. Will see how well the kit tires hook up.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:56 AM   #263
Tech Master

I tried mine yesterday on a grass track with the Carbon Top Decks, one way and rear sway bar, and it hooks up corners much better and keeps a way tighter line than before, and is still pretty good in the braking zone too.

Makes it go even faster in a straight line than before, lol.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:53 AM   #264
Tech Adept

I was bashing in the wood and on one jump, the car was no more than 2.5 feet off the ground, it landed on the left front wheel and the u-axle shaft snaped into half. It snapped where the 2x10 pin go through. I was surprised at how weak the steel axle shaft is. Has anyone seen this before?
Supra66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:11 AM   #265
Tech Master

Not had that, but there MAY be contributing factors that has caused it. I have cartwheeled, tumbled, hit tree roots and so forth and it has come of unscathed.

You got to bear in ming, we keep comparing components to things like MIP CVD's, and you just cant, just relish in the fact that it takes pennies to fix a freak accident.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:17 AM   #266
Tech Legend

Wasn't there something about the first batch of so of kits had problems with the axles or something breaking? Is it possible he got one of those bad batches?
Old 06-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #267
Tech Master

There was a problem with the Axle itself, I am not sure as to which area, I was to believe it was the axle part and not the U/J part, you could always contact the shop or importer for some more info on it.

I know the UK importer hade a batch of Titanium axles made up, but the issue has been resolved.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:48 PM   #268
Tech Legend

I say give Tim a call at MRC and explain the issue and ask him if this relates at all to the parts failure in Europe? Who knows, maybe the will replace the whole UJ?

Tommorrow I will be getting some wheel time on my new track. They are looking to run open mod for 4wd, but right now there isn't enough people to run 4wd mod. Personally, I think 19T would be a good class to start out with and it will be the motor I begin with till I get used to racing my SB . i will post my race practice findings.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:04 PM   #269
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
So what electronics are you looking to put in it? Small ones work the best of course, unless you mount the receiver on the upper deck.

If you need a small speedo let me know, I have a spare GM V8 (no motor limit, 6V BEC and about the size of a quantum ) that I don't need anymore.

I think tuesday to test it out is a go for me on the track. Will see how well the kit tires hook up.
I'm planning on running a Novak XXL Rx and an Epic Binary² Modified... 11x1 probably... I've yet to decide on a speed control, so I may be talking to you about that V8 sometime... How much are you looking to get? I'm dangerously low on cash beside what I got for the SB Sport, so if I get it I won't be buying it anytime soon, thanks for offering though!
-Jeff
Old 06-21-2004, 02:05 PM   #270
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
I say give Tim a call at MRC and explain the issue and ask him if this relates at all to the parts failure in Europe? Who knows, maybe the will replace the whole UJ?

Tommorrow I will be getting some wheel time on my new track. They are looking to run open mod for 4wd, but right now there isn't enough people to run 4wd mod. Personally, I think 19T would be a good class to start out with and it will be the motor I begin with till I get used to racing my SB . i will post my race practice findings.
Good luck, tell us how it does!