Black Beard RC

Old 06-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Black Beard RC

I just recently started using Black Beard Rc products...and from what I have experienced myself has been awesome. I got a set of ceramic diff balls and some chassis tape and both of these products have yet to disappoint. The diff balls are much smother then any other brands I have tried and no lie last three times as long. Huge thanks to Black Beard Rc products and helping me at the Jconcepts Wave race.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
I just recently started using Black Beard Rc products...and from what I have experienced myself has been awesome. I got a set of ceramic diff balls and some chassis tape and both of these products have yet to disappoint. The diff balls are much smother then any other brands I have tried and no lie last three times as long. Huge thanks to Black Beard Rc products and helping me at the Jconcepts Wave race.
If you just started using the crap how do you know it last three times as long?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Well due to the lame track that I have as a home track(which consist of SUPER loose dirt) and me running 15 packs every day sometimes now that I don't have school, and not a full time job, I tend to go through diff balls a lot more then most. A lot of it is the dirt here really. So diff balls lasting 2 weeks without even cleaning them or anything...is muchhhhhh longer then others I have been using last. And to me 2 weeks is pretty recent, so with all that being said, that is how I know they last a lot longer then others THAT I HAVE TRIED.

And I can already see this coming so before you say, wow if you have to replace your diff balls that much your doing something wrong...well like I said, the dirt I run on is anything but friendly to small tranny parts, and I run more then most people do on a day to day basis...anddddd to ME one little notch in a ball that you can feel means it is time to replace the diff if you can.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ceramic bearings are lighter, stiffer, harder and smoother than their steel counterparts. I dont think i need to say much more to explain why they last longer, but i will. The surface of a ceramic ball is much smoother and less porous, making it roll with less friction. Since the ceramic is much harder, it is much less resistant to flat-spotting when your diff slips due to improper adjustment. Hence ceramic balls typically costing almost twice as much as steel.

I have been running the blackbeard ceramic diff balls in my b4 for a couple months now and i am very impressed with their performance. I have had a lot of issues with the steel balls being very notchy after just a couple runs. I built a fresh diff with sanded rings and it was instantly butter-smooth. Best of all, it stayed that way run after run. I will definitely run these in all my cars from here on out.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ive been rockin the same set of ceramic diff balls for easily 6 months and smooth as silk... rebuilds consist of a new thrust and relube, and thats just to freshen things up for a bigger race.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Well a good weekend for BlackBeard RC for the JBRL Rd 4 in Bakersfield,Ca.
As the track was a very hard pack asphalt like surface my chassis tape held up on both cars for 3 days without any tearing or anything...not to mention I didn't have to clean or redo my diffs at all. I ended up taking the TQ and wins in both SuperStock(13.5) 4wd and Truck, and qualified 2nd and took 3rd in 2wd.
Thank you BlackBeard RC.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
me running 15 packs every day sometimes
Truth comes out

Good run this weekend Zackypoo, Looks like the track time is paying off.

Happy Birthday by the way (Saturday Right?)

See at round 5
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Got beat to the punch... thanks for starting the thread, zack. Looks like we can make this the official Blackbeard RC thread.

If anyone has any questions about our products, or suggestions for new products this would be the place to do it.

A little about what we do and what we are about: Blackbeard RC is a fairly new company that was started with the racer in mind. All of the products we put out are rigorously tested and we make sure they suit the needs of today's racer without breaking the bank. Keep an eye on our site as we are developing quite a few new products and will have them available soon: BlackbeardRC.com

Our hottest product right now is our ceramic diff balls. They have been put up against all the current ceramic, chrome steel and carbide balls on the market and have equaled or surpassed them all. Our testing on our ball differentials is second to none. We havent been satisfied with our diffs getting gritty after one night of racing and have came up with some good solutions including ceramic bearings and pre-prepped rings (available soon). If you are having issues with your diff let us know and we would be happy to help you out.

Being that we are a new company, we are LOOKING FOR TEAM DRIVERS to help promote our products. If you think you have what it takes, visit our team drivers section on our website, send us your race resume and why you would be good for Team Blackbeard.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Great to see you up and on here Brent! Can't wait to see how BlackBeard Rc does at this years Hotrod Shootout. With some of the best drivers from the states, and all the way from over seas!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

make anything for the Hot Bodies VE8? or just ball diff stuff?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Aw, how cute... Zack is on neobuggy...

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=8490
Old 06-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wayboarder
Aw, how cute... Zack is on neobuggy...

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=8490
LMAO looks like he's on a mission!!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

On the website Blackbeard has the basics for 8 scale, Some chassis tape would do good on that Ve8 plastic chassis and then there are various weight weights so you can balance the Ve8 back out left->right (sting?). Glue tubing as well.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wayboarder
On the website Blackbeard has the basics for 8 scale, Some chassis tape would do good on that Ve8 plastic chassis and then there are various weight weights so you can balance the Ve8 back out left->right (sting?). Glue tubing as well.
kind of a newbie to 1/8 world. whats glue tubing?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
kind of a newbie to 1/8 world. whats glue tubing?
Its a long thin piece of tubing that you cut sections off and stick in your CA glue top applicator, so that you can more precisely control the amount and place the CA glue when your gluing up tires. Makes it easier to get that perfect glue job with less mess, and less tires coming off the rims.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.