Black Beard RC

Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for the kind words George! Im sure you wont be disappointed with the chassis tape.

The 7x13" chassis tape is a little short for some 1/8th scale cars. No need to worry though as our chassis tape sizes will be changing slightly. In about a week, our smaller size will be bumped to 7x14" and we will have a new larger size which will be about 8x20".
Old 07-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just email u
Old 07-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackbeardRC
Thank you for the kind words George! Im sure you wont be disappointed with the chassis tape.

The 7x13" chassis tape is a little short for some 1/8th scale cars. No need to worry though as our chassis tape sizes will be changing slightly. In about a week, our smaller size will be bumped to 7x14" and we will have a new larger size which will be about 8x20".
Sweet! I know I won't run without it anymore.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Team driver Zach Rodgers took the super stock 4wd at the hot rod shoot out
Old 07-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks man, ya BlackBeard had around half a dozen drivers on hand for the 2010 Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout and I know that we took home a win, and a few other podiums with Aaron Lane taking second in all the super stock classes, Kyle Wriggly taking third in stock buggy, and myself taking home a win in super stock 4wd and a third in super stock buggy. I am sorry if I missed anyones results, but I do know that Frank Root made all the factory mains running BlackBeard...good run by all the team guys and thanks to the customers.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
Thanks man, ya BlackBeard had around half a dozen drivers on hand for the 2010 Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout and I know that we took home a win, and a few other podiums with Aaron Lane taking second in all the super stock classes, Kyle Wriggly taking third in stock buggy, and myself taking home a win in super stock 4wd and a third in super stock buggy. I am sorry if I missed anyones results, but I do know that Frank Root made all the factory mains running BlackBeard...good run by all the team guys and thanks to the customers.
The only wins that matter are Mod classes and since you guys are too chicken to race Mod, well, you know......
Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

unnofficially, both Ryan maifield and Ryan Cavalieri run blackbeard ceramic balls in their diffs, and both have wins under their belt at the shootout. Another top dog that runs BB ceramic balls is Steven Hartson...

Frank Root rocks them and the Losi Crew is on board as well.

Hmmmm no mod wins...

But yes... Zack needs to quit being a little girl and run some mod.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

well i run them, and im running stock at the nats. next year i will run mod, but this years nats is the first one im going to and we will see how that goes
Old 07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

I run on abrasive tracks and was wondering if helps chassis life and if you need to access screws, is there any way to get to the screws and the chassis tape still be useful after? Looking to put it on a SCRT and a Losi 2.0. Thanks
Old 07-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
I run on abrasive tracks and was wondering if helps chassis life and if you need to access screws, is there any way to get to the screws and the chassis tape still be useful after? Looking to put it on a SCRT and a Losi 2.0. Thanks
Yes, there is no doubt that our chassis tape will help prolong the life of your chassis. You can cut circles with a hobby knife to make the screws accessible but this creates a weak point in the tape and will often tear in that area. If the screws are in an area that doesnt make contact with the track much, you should be ok. If its in the nose or tail of the chassis where most contact is made, you will likely get another 2-3 runs before you will notice it tearing.

If you want to try it out feel free to take advantage of our rctech discount and free shipping!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Congrats to Team Blackbeard drivers Zack Rogers, Aaron Lane, Kyle Wriggley, and Frank Root for their exceptional showings at the 2010 Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout!

Blackbeard diffs took the win in Mod Buggy, Mod 4wd, SS 4wd, 2wd exp SC, took 2nd in SS 2wd, SS 4wd, and SS truck!

To read more check out the news section at www.BlackbeardRC.com
Old 07-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

When will the diff combos be back in stock?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
When will the diff combos be back in stock?
They should be back in stock by the end of the week.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

They should be back in stock by the end of the week.
Alright thanks. Do I need anything else for the rebuil as a necessity not considering the diff lube?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
Alright thanks. Do I need anything else for the rebuil as a necessity not considering the diff lube?
If your diff has been well taken care of, you shouldnt need to replace anything other than what comes in the kit.
A few things to take a look at (assuming you are rebuilding an AE diff):

Inspect your outdrives for excessive wear and make sure to thoroughly clean them when rebuilding your diff. Dirt build-up in the thrust side outdrive is a very common cause of gritty and premature wear. Clean out all of the old grease!!!

Visually inspect and clean your diff gear. Make sure no teeth are chipped and the inner bearing sits firmly in place.

Last but not least inspect the 2 sealed ball bearings. Make sure they are still smooth and free.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to post them!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.