Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Low COG chasis for slash

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default Low COG chasis for slash

I am thinkng of buying a low cog chasis for my slash 2wd . Anyone tried one ??? I know that gorilla max makes one , is it any good . It is about $80 . For that kind of money I would think it makes a big difference ?!?

Trying to keep up with all the SC 10's at the track ! Maybe I should just buy a SC 10 ???
Old 06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Buy an SC10

More tuning options
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Blitz
Old 06-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I raced with the Thunder Tech chassis and the Extreme Carbon Fiber chassis and they were both pretty good. The fit and finish on the Extreme Carbon Fiber chassis was much better. Here's a link: http://www.xtremercracing.com/Store_...ue&SnipID=6677
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here at Poor Boy Racing we use a Rustler chassis(@ $20) and it works just fine. Really makes a big difference. My 9 yr old son beats SC10's driven by "older" drivers all the time with it. Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Also, forgot to mention that the Gorillamaxx chassis is not a low COG chassis.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i 'm using tundertech outlaw chassis and i'm very happy with it you can't go wrong with it!!! just give a try unless u are willing to spend more $$$ to buy SC10
Old 06-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

I have used the Rustler chassis creating a Slashler which is an improvement but I support going to the SC10,Ultima SC, or Blitz over either the thunder Tech or Extreme RC chassis. You will not be disappointed.

I love my SC10!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenton
I am thinkng of buying a low cog chasis for my slash 2wd . Anyone tried one ??? I know that gorilla max makes one , is it any good . It is about $80 . For that kind of money I would think it makes a big difference ?!?

Trying to keep up with all the SC 10's at the track ! Maybe I should just buy a SC 10 ???
You wont need the chassis if you go with the Pro-Line Pro-Trac suspension kit. It will easily put you on par with the SC10, and it's cheaper than a chassis.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
You wont need the chassis if you go with the Pro-Line Pro-Trac suspension kit. It will easily put you on par with the SC10, and it's cheaper than a chassis.
Agreed.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well yeah im about to invest in the protrac kit before an LCG chassis.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

I like the rustler idea !! I actually have a rustler vxl that i do speed runs with . It seems all I would need to do is put the Slash body mount posts on the rustler and switch the tires to my Proline m3 calibers tire/wheel pre mounts . Swap the bumpers with the Slash and then I have Slastler!!! Classic !!!!!

I think they would make me race in mod buggy though

I talked with a guy at the track that broke several protrak kit arms and bearing carriers . He was just practicing on the track not bashing when the breakage happened . They sent him parts a few times and were cool but he decided to go another . Getting parts mailed can be a hassle . Espcially if racing .

I will probably wait till the parts of the protrak kit are sold sperately and are in stock at the LHS's . Gettting just the shock towers and bearing carriers sounds good . I would buy a couple sets to start . I like to have a spare of everything at the track . I just started and I break alot of stuff still . Spur gears , axles , shocks , a rms , body posts .

I am sure I will end up with another 2WD SC truck at some point . TA SC 10 in June probably .

Something that is legal for stock class at the track . Maybe the Team SC 1O RTR with 2.4 ? Great deal with Reedy 13.5 BL/ESC combo and 2.4 radio/reciever !!! Sick . Just upgrade the shocks and it is just like the kit truck I think ?? I think ? LEGAL and Fast .

It seems they let you run just about anything till you start winning at the local track and then they start looking to see what set you have . I can run my slash vxl at the local track and not keep up with the stock SC 10 and Blitz trucks .. What a shame . They let me race with them out of pitty probably .

Wait till they see my Slastler !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Wait till they see me at the track with my Slastler !!! I could do it easy . I have a ruster vxl.

They would probaly make me race in the mod buggy class . I would still get beat bad !!! Proably in any class at this point . I love to practice though , so that win is not too far away I hope !!!

The 2WD SC class seems to be the easiest for me at the local track . I get my ass kicked in the 4WD class . Still learning !!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenton
I like the rustler idea !! I actually have a rustler vxl that i do speed runs with . It seems all I would need to do is put the Slash body mount posts on the rustler and switch the tires to my Proline m3 calibers tire/wheel pre mounts . Swap the bumpers with the Slash and then I have Slastler!!! Classic !!!!!

I think they would make me race in mod buggy though

I talked with a guy at the track that broke several protrak kit arms and bearing carriers . He was just practicing on the track not bashing when the breakage happened . They sent him parts a few times and were cool but he decided to go another . Getting parts mailed can be a hassle . Espcially if racing .

I will probably wait till the parts of the protrak kit are sold sperately and are in stock at the LHS's . Gettting just the shock towers and bearing carriers sounds good . I would buy a couple sets to start . I like to have a spare of everything at the track . I just started and I break alot of stuff still . Spur gears , axles , shocks , a rms , body posts .

I am sure I will end up with another 2WD SC truck at some point . TA SC 10 in June probably .

Something that is legal for stock class at the track . Maybe the Team SC 1O RTR with 2.4 ? Great deal with Reedy 13.5 BL/ESC combo and 2.4 radio/reciever !!! Sick . Just upgrade the shocks and it is just like the kit truck I think ?? I think ? LEGAL and Fast .

It seems they let you run just about anything till you start winning at the local track and then they start looking to see what set you have . I can run my slash vxl at the local track and not keep up with the stock SC 10 and Blitz trucks .. What a shame . They let me race with them out of pitty probably .

Wait till they see my Slastler !!!!!!!!!!
To get the correct wheelbase you need to move the transmission back to the last set of holes in the chassis and make a brace to go from the transmission to the rear of the chassis. No problem though, real easy. Can show pics later on if interested.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brofroe
To get the correct wheelbase you need to move the transmission back to the last set of holes in the chassis and make a brace to go from the transmission to the rear of the chassis. No problem though, real easy. Can show pics later on if interested.
I'm interested

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.