Rc10gt Help

Old 03-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Rc10gt Help

Hello all, I am having trouble with my rc10gt, I am a beginner nitro racer. Any ways I ahve had my rc10gt for about a year now and it has worked fine. But a few days ago when running my car I noticed that one wheel wasn't spinning as fast as the other one. Now it has got to the point that only my right wheel is turning. I know it doesn't have anything to to do with teh pins in the wheels or the cvds cause it happens even when the drive shafts aren't even in. My hobby shop said it was the diff. But I tried tightning it but it still does it. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. help please, i really want to drive my rc car again. thanks
Old 03-27-2002, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

If the one wheel still isn't spinning with the drive shaft out your problem is not the diff, it sounds like you have a bad bearing or a over tightened wheel nut, but I'm sure you've had the wheels off 100 times looking for the problem, so I'd check the bearings.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

wheel bearings that is
Old 03-28-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Rookie

It probably is your diff. When was the last time it was rebuilt? If it is been awhile, or you have never rebuilt it, then you need to tear down the tranny and do a rebuild on it. It is not hard, just inspect all the gears and bearings. Give the bearings a good cleaning, and tear the diff apart and give it a good cleaning. You might have to buy new diff rings and diff balls, but probably just a good cleaning and relube will do it.