I have the dx3r with a hobby wing esc. how do i set up the throttle servo
to be used as a brake with the dx3r?

it seems I have to use the 'mix'

please help?
Old 05-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I did a search and found this Quote:
In your DX3R "mixing" menu, choose mix "A" and set the master to "throttle" and slave to "auxiliary", than set the two values to 100%. These values will be adjusted later.

Now your brake servo (plugged in to AUX) should be active. Check that it is moving in the correct direction when you apply brakes. If it's not, then set the values to -100%.

Now you can return to the "mixing" menu to adjust the value of the mix in order to get rid of the servo movement when you apply throttle. When you are in the values menu for the mix, you can adjust one value at a time, by moving the trigger to brake and throttle. This will highlight each value individually. Now you can set one of the values to zero. Choose the one that moves with the throttle and now you brake servo will only move when you apply brakes.

Now you need to adjust the amount of travel needed to engage the brakes properly. This is easily done in the "travel" menu. Adjust auxiliary and your set!

Hope this helps!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr View Post
I did a search and found this Quote:
In your DX3R "mixing" menu, choose mix "A" and set the master to "throttle" and slave to "auxiliary", than set the two values to 100%. These values will be adjusted later.

Now your brake servo (plugged in to AUX) should be active. Check that it is moving in the correct direction when you apply brakes. If it's not, then set the values to -100%.

Now you can return to the "mixing" menu to adjust the value of the mix in order to get rid of the servo movement when you apply throttle. When you are in the values menu for the mix, you can adjust one value at a time, by moving the trigger to brake and throttle. This will highlight each value individually. Now you can set one of the values to zero. Choose the one that moves with the throttle and now you brake servo will only move when you apply brakes.

Now you need to adjust the amount of travel needed to engage the brakes properly. This is easily done in the "travel" menu. Adjust auxiliary and your set!

Hope this helps!

That sounds good.. I'll just add I set my on throttle to pull back every so slightly to make sure it doesn't rub or engage, brake is just set to the desired level, don't go crazy or you will break or burn up the servo... PS don't try to set the brakes w/ the wheels in the air the tires will still turn due to diff action.. LOL I watched a guy do that the other day.