Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN 80A switch bypass ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default XERUN 80A switch bypass ?'s

I own a Hobbywing XERUN 80A ESC and was wondering how to wire around the switch? It has the setup button on the switch, and I soldered the red and white wires together to bypass the switch, but now my setup button does not work. Do I need to short where the red wire landed to the black wire? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I believe if you want to do the setup you just touch the black wire to the red, thats all the button does. Just touch it momentarily when going through the steps, don't hold them together. Not positive but I think thats how it goes.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

if u need to setup the throttle range the just touch all 3 wires again for 3 times like how u set up the first time.

If want to use program card u dun need the switch.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:04 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Alan - the red button is still needed for calibration. Or is there another way to perform calibration?

Regarding retaining the program capability of the red button, to my understanding, the Red wire is for the power switch and the White wire is the signal wire (the red program button). That's the typical color scheme for 3-wire systems in RC. If you want to bypass the power switch, short the red and black wires together. If you take a bit of insulation off the black wire before entering the switch body and solder the red wire to it, that should give you the ability to still use the red program button.