Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Never before seen reading on a lipo charger??? >

Never before seen reading on a lipo charger???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never before seen reading on a lipo charger???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default Never before seen reading on a lipo charger???

I got a handful of used Nimh SMC batteries awhile ago and began to cycle them. One of them reads "DRY" when I plug it in. Others cycled perfect and even had 1 3800mah take a full 5000mah (what my cutoff is set to)
Now I have one that will discharge fine until 90 mins into it then it suddenly drops off voltage VERY fast to around 1.75v for the whole pack and then it says "DRY" and the timer keeps going but the input is 0.0amps.

I'm discharging at .7amps, charging at 3.8amps and using an Accucel charger. This particular battery is an Intellect 3800mah 7.2v.

I'm guessing this means the battery is dead but I missed most of the Nimh phase in RC so not sure if this is fixable or really what it means.

THanks
Old 05-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when i cycle my batteries and it reads dry thats when the charger is giving the battery time to cool down. you can adjust this time i beleive.