rear wheel drive ?

Old 05-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
Since this piece is the same in the Slash and Rustler, I'd expect it to leak in the same places it did when I dumped 100000 in my Slash. It leaked where both shafts come out and where the plastic top joins the case. It wasn't worth the time to put the fluid in the stock case for as long as it lasted and how much of a mess it made.

There was an article in one of the RC mags about modifying the stock case to put orings on the shafts and then silicone the top of the case to the bottom part. Some that tried it had mixed results, when the FLM part came out I just went that way.
yea, sounds like to much trouble for what its worth. i think i will go with the flm, when i can afford it.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CrunchyMaster5K View Post
One alternative I've read about for reducing slip without thick oil is to place 1 or 2 of those wavy spring washers things in with the 2 sun gears, it'd pretty much make it a clutch type LSD. I don't remember what size washer they used but they said it worked fairly well.
where exactly are the sun gears?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

i went back to the track with my uncle, and first thing i did was tighten up the slipper clutch a little. and what do ya know..... both tires spinning the same. bot were ballooning. i just cant get traction! i pretty much made my hole shots in the rear almost like slicks. im sure that didnt help. i gotta order some new tires. i want a good set of prolines for the track only, and a set for like i mentioned earlier. grass, road, gravel, all-terrain tires. right now i put the stock 2.8" alias wheels back on the front and rear. the tires on them are almost like new. plus i do have a set of alias rims and tires that are new. im going to try and stay off hard surfaces like my driveway and road until i get the right tires for that.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ckblood05 View Post
where exactly are the sun gears?
In a planetary gear set the sun gear is in the center, the ring gear goes around the outside and planet gears go between the ring and sun gear. So to answer your question the gears connected to the outdrive shafts are the sun gears.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CrunchyMaster5K View Post
In a planetary gear set the sun gear is in the center, the ring gear goes around the outside and planet gears go between the ring and sun gear. So to answer your question the gears connected to the outdrive shafts are the sun gears.
ok, i understand. thanks for explaining.