Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
O'Donnell Z01T Team E > O'Donnell Z01T Team E

O'Donnell Z01T Team E

Reply

Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
SNIPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default O'Donnell Z01T Team E

First I would like to say thank you to everyone on the O'Donnell threads for helping me with all of my questions w/ a special thank you to jer7469...

I had a lot of choices to go with when it came to a truggy. Some already setup for electric from factory & some w/ Tekno conversions, etc. I picked up mine on here for $275 shipped BNIB and that was something I couldn't pass on. The whole family of O'Donnell with all their help they have provided simply made my choice the "best" choice!

Parts that I used for this conversion:

O'Donnell Z01T
RCMonster Z01 Motor Mount
RC8e Battery Tray
ODOC2632
ODOC1545
ODOC2630
ODOQ0103

I started off by performing the team servo tray mod. You will have to cut the tray in half to clear the RCMonster motor mount. I borrowed a chassis from a Z01B and mounted it to the bottom of my truggy chassis and drilled out the holes for the new team servo tray.The Associated RC8e battery tray is an almost direct fit however, I did have to trim the front area to clear the front chassis brace. The rest is pretty much self explanatory.
Attached Thumbnails O'Donnell Z01T Team E-z01te01.jpg   O'Donnell Z01T Team E-z01te02.jpg  
SNIPR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:45 PM
  #2  
Moderator
iTrader: (60)
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,584
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SNIPR View Post
First I would like to say thank you to everyone on the O'Donnell threads for helping me with all of my questions w/ a special thank you to jer7469...

I had a lot of choices to go with when it came to a truggy. Some already setup for electric from factory & some w/ Tekno conversions, etc. I picked up mine on here for $275 shipped BNIB and that was something I couldn't pass on. The whole family of O'Donnell with all their help they have provided simply made my choice the "best" choice!

Parts that I used for this conversion:

O'Donnell Z01T
RCMonster Z01 Motor Mount
RC8e Battery Tray
ODOC2632
ODOC1545
ODOC2630
ODOQ0103

I started off by performing the team servo tray mod. You will have to cut the tray in half to clear the RCMonster motor mount. I borrowed a chassis from a Z01B and mounted it to the bottom of my truggy chassis and drilled out the holes for the new team servo tray.The Associated RC8e battery tray is an almost direct fit however, I did have to trim the front area to clear the front chassis brace. The rest is pretty much self explanatory.
anytime snipr.... looks very nice on the install... nice and clean... send some picks when you get it all done and on the track please... jeremy
J.Whiting is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:51 PM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
SNIPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I forgot to mention the battery tray is sitting there. The front will require a brace between the tray and the chassis as there is quite a gap there. I will post more once it is complete and definitely send pictures to you.
SNIPR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:41 PM
  #4  
JSR
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Looking forward to seeing it complete. My goodness, how did you find a NIB Z01T for $275?!?!?!?! I would've snatched that up myself if I had ever seen it. Great find.
I'm looking forward to receiving my Z01B Team buggy to convert to brushless also. Although, due to low funds, my conversion will be ghetto-style...drilling the chassis to attach the motor mount...not pretty, but hope it works out ok.
I'm curious to see how well the RC8e battery tray lines up. I've read someone say it lines up really well, but I haven't seen any detailed pics. The RC8e tray has those 4 bumps on the bottom of the ESC tray that fits in the nitro motor mount holes which makes it tough to mount if flat.
JSR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:59 AM
  #5  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
SNIPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

The following had to be done so that the RC8e battery tray would lay flat & fit the area to be mounted.

1) Drill a 1/4" hole
2) Cut the battery slot underneath
3) Trim this area so that it will clear the chassis brace

On the Z01T chassis.

1) cut this down 1/2 way including the 3mm screw - to clear the battery tray.
Attached Thumbnails O'Donnell Z01T Team E-z01te04.jpg   O'Donnell Z01T Team E-z01te03.jpg  
SNIPR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:39 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
SNIPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I have had no time for racing this season so this project is at a stand still. It is now available For Sale / For Trade HERE...

Last edited by SNIPR; 07-12-2010 at 09:46 PM.
SNIPR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 PM
  #7  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,772
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SNIPR View Post
I have had no time for racing this season so this project is at a stand still. It is now available For Sale / For Trade HERE...
not creating an account just to look at a FS add...

can you please make a post in the FS section here
whitrzac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
SNIPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Sorry, posted wrong link. It has been updated. Really wanting to trade it out but am willing to sell out right if price is right...

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
not creating an account just to look at a FS add...

can you please make a post in the FS section here
SNIPR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
  #9  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
Mr. Bojangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Havelock, NC
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

And what would be your right price?
Mr. Bojangles is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service