Wiki Posts
Search

Best candidate for Brushless sand bashing

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Slash or Rustler they're both good.

Originally Posted by Ride1226
I ruled out 4wd because I am looking to throw paddles on the back and hit the beach and dunes with it. I never liked the idea of 4 paddles all the way around a truck. It just doesnt look right.

Im thinking slash or stampede right now, if I get one with a vxl Ill give that motor combo a shot. I have never ran a VXL, however I have ran every castle motor and speedo except the MMPro.
You ever heard of Formula Off Road? Its High HP 4x4 truck with paddle tires, they drove one 1/2 km across surface of water on Top Gear.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd have to say go with a 2wd Slash with either the bug or buggy body. they both look good and the Slash is the best bashin (for the money) SCT out there, unless you get the VXL brushless, you'll need to go brushless. good luck with your choice.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CrunchyMaster5K
Slash or Rustler they're both good.

You ever heard of Formula Off Road? Its High HP 4x4 truck with paddle tires, they drove one 1/2 km across surface of water on Top Gear.
Actually I have never heard that. Imma have to look it up. Well what 4wd platform would you recommend then just to throw some ideas in the bunch? I even thought about just getting a b4 or something like that but I wanna get something tough and bashable.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would run the Slash with the VXL 3s and a baja bug body. smoothe sant tires in the front and paddles in the rear.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Thats pretty much what Im thinking. How are the proline arms for the slash? Pretty tough? That extra width would be nice plus a proline inner body to keep sand off of the battery and everything. I have the picture in my head I just gotta track down a VXL slash for sale somewhere.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Saw a guy's video on YouTube who stretched a nylon sock (panty hose) over the chassis. It acts like a Shockwear cover, breathes great, but keeps sand and other crap out.

That might be better than a plastic under-cover.

ben
Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

I have a SC10 with the jc concepts overtray. Running Sand paws and cc sidewinder 5700kv. I had to put a fan on the ESC but other than that this thing HAULS ASSSSSSS. Started 4 ft away from a 20 ft 75 degree sand hill and had to let off cuz i jumped about 5 ft above the top of the hill. I do overheat if I keep on it but I can live with it.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

You have a fan on it underneath the overtray? With no whole in the overtray to let air in? Isnt it just recylcing the hot air under the tray?

I managed to pick up a slash with both a sick SC body and a reallly nicely painted Baja body. Now to get the tires and powerplant.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ride1226
You have a fan on it underneath the overtray? With no whole in the overtray to let air in? Isnt it just recylcing the hot air under the tray?
Yes and no. There is a large cut out in the rear area that lets air get threw. not a lot but enough. After a 7 min main my ESC was only at 108 degrees so i fig i dont need to cut more holes