R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-09-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to thedominator
Default Nitro truck tuned pipe question

I have a xxx-nt with the original kit pipe that has the rubber stinger. I was wondering if getting the Adam Drake pipe would make much of a difference over the original kit one?
thedominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:25 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Yes, by gettin the drake pipe you will see a noticable difference. It is the best all around pipe for both high , mid and low end. I would say its worth it.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:27 AM   #3
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Would you notice the difference in changing pipes??? and what are the differences???
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Yes, the rtr pipe has more low end, but nopt as much top end as the drake pipe. Whereas the drake pip has high and low end, and its well rounded power that you can drive through the rpm range. Overall the pipe makes the truck a bit faster overall. it all depends on the motor your running also.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:10 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Team Associated

ya the pipe really makes a difference. I had the stock pipe on my rc10gt and then I put a Factory Team Pipe on it, It made quite a bit of difference. Then I dicided to get a MIP racing Stinger kit for it and the thing just is ALL BALLS TO THE WALL. Holy S*** it screams.
Team Associated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:09 PM   #6
Tech Elite

The Drake pipe is probably one of the best for gas truck racing, with a lot of usable power along the whole RPM range.

The Associated pipe is great for slippery tracks when you need something that is easy to drive, but the pipe kinda falls flat at high RPM. Trinity makes a blue pipe for gas trucks as well, and it has a lot of power..often times too much.