Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tranny problem with rustler

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tranny problem with rustler

I have a rustler with a tranny or slipper clutch problem. It was running good in my backyard when out of nowhere the spur gear stripped out. Ok not the first time so I replaced it with a new one of the same size now there is some bad binding in the tranny or slipper clutch area. I have took apart the tranny and cleaned and reassembled it. I checked the mesh of the spur gear and it looks good , the tranny works very smoothly but once I put the slipper gear on it binds like crazy. I adjust it all over the place with no luck. the motor and tranny gets extremely hot and I an out of ideas of what could be wrong.....thanks in advanced........don
Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donald rustler
I have a rustler with a tranny or slipper clutch problem. It was running good in my backyard when out of nowhere the spur gear stripped out. Ok not the first time so I replaced it with a new one of the same size now there is some bad binding in the tranny or slipper clutch area. I have took apart the tranny and cleaned and reassembled it. I checked the mesh of the spur gear and it looks good , the tranny works very smoothly but once I put the slipper gear on it binds like crazy. I adjust it all over the place with no luck. the motor and tranny gets extremely hot and I an out of ideas of what could be wrong.....thanks in advanced........don
Have you checked all the bearings?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Im having the same problem with a slash... I ordered a full tranny, clutch set up for it but would like to fix this one also.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Initiate

could it be the bearnings that hold the slipper clutch shaft? Also where did you order a full tranny from? I could ownly find cases and spur gears..
Old 05-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

had a similiar problem w/Slash: I thought it was diff problem so I talked w/Traxxas and they said check the slipper clutch. I took it apart and made sure the clutch pads were on, put the thing back together, loosened the slipper clutch and all works great now. Someone else posted on here to loosen the screws 1/4-1/2 turn that hold the case together.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Turned out that wasn't the problem, it was in the motor. I got it off eBay, I'll sell you a complete tranny, clutch if you want.