R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-06-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Babylou
Default stock motors . mod motors - feedback needed

Looking for for new info on stock and 19T motors. Anyone suggest a few decent ones?? I will be running a t3/T4 on a dirt road coarse. IT actually is a course more designed for 1/8th scale. So, normally wide open throughout most of the course. I was testing last night a fantom stock (older - rebuilt) and a monster stock. I was running stock gearing with a 17 and 19 tooth pinnion. Seemed that the motor was getting to warm.. Didn't seem to have the speed. Normally I race inside on carpet. THis is my first time out on the dirt. I ran over the weekend on an indoor dirt track and burned a monster pro up in a 7 min main with over a min to go.. I believe I was running a 19T in that when it fried. The indoor track is more 1/10th scale size.
any tips on motors and gearing appreciated to test....

Looking at the Mon. pro, P2K2 and the integy motors as well. I ahve some feed back on the MP and p2k2, need some for the Integy motors on which ones and any setup info for dirt racing... and gearing... My motors seem to be getting too hot at 5 min.. but for a 7 min main it is way to hot.....

Scott
Babylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Try gearing your P2K2 at 19/84, and your Monster Pro a couple teeth lower (17/87 should be a good starting point).

What kind of cans are the Integy motors? Check the end of the endbell, and see what it says. If it says "EPIC", then it is the same as the Trinity motors you have been running. Yokomo (or YOK) are like the Reedy motors, and TOP is from Orion/Peak. Let me know what it says, and I'll tell ya what to gear it at.

EPIC sells great 19T motors, and Trinity has D6 19T motors that will be great for wide-open tracks. You can check them out at www.teamtrinity.com and www.epicmotorsports.com
Old 05-07-2004, 05:36 AM   #3
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I would check around online and see what people report on the 19 Turn and stock motors.

So far, for 19 Turn the best seems to be the Reedy 19T Quad Mag Motor though gearing can be alittle odd as it has SO MUCH TORQUE. The one that I hear is the worst is the Epic motor ironically. People at our track tried these motors, a few runs and they were done. Our X-Ray driver had a few choice words for that motor I personally like the Quad Mag and the Peak Dynasty.

For stock, you can't go wrong with the P2k2. The MVP when tuned with Big Jim's suggestions puts out great power too, an the magnets on it are a better grade than what trinity uses.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:49 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Babylou

Yes, I keep hearing the P2K2 with the mods Jim does is top choice... I will have to probably try that....

I was hoping to get some feedback on the integy motors.. though I think they are a version of other brands.... not sure... but certainly appreciate the feedback... thanks...
Babylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:00 PM   #5
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

In general the motors they tune seem to run well. Thats the report I am getting.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote