Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New to the forum but not r/c... >

New to the forum but not r/c...

New to the forum but not r/c...

Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default New to the forum but not r/c...

Ive been through every traxxas available today. Right now i own a Slash 4x4 with a MMM 2650kv setup and an ERevo with MMM 2650. Im looking around at the RC8Te kit. Im wanting something thats more basher friendly and durable compared to the Slash but also more track friendly than my ERevo. I like the way the slash handles but its just not enough truck for the MMM. The ERevo seems too much like a bus when i drive it, and yes i have done the Slayden steering mod. I would like for some RC8T owners to chime in... Thanks
Old 05-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

well i have driven both the rc8 and the 8ight 2.0
and the 2.0 is the better truck if u ask me ,just my opinion .the losi drove it self around the track, so if it does not matter what brand you go for get the
8ight
Old 05-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

what about being a basher? i run on a track about 1/2 the time. i dont race competitively at all.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i'm in the middle of selling my RC8Te CE right now. i've got a pretty firm buyer right now, but if things fall through i'll let you know. you'll see a night and day difference going from a slash 4x4 to something like a RC8. they way they handle, tune, run.. everything. i'm selling my RC8Te because i'm dropping down to buggy class and since i have a RC8Be anyway, i might as well make it a pair. associated does a beautiful job with all their vehicles. i'm sure you'll be happy with one.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

I feel so dumb asking questions because in the TRX forums, im the guy who always has the answers lol. How does this handle on Brushless power. im not sure what most people run in this but i will be using a Mamba Monster esc and 2650kv on 3 and 4 cells. I know my Slash and my ERevo had problems breaking shafts. I just want to get some solid info before i drop a few hundred bones into another r/c
Old 05-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pedecrawler View Post
I feel so dumb asking questions because in the TRX forums, im the guy who always has the answers lol. How does this handle on Brushless power. im not sure what most people run in this but i will be using a Mamba Monster esc and 2650kv on 3 and 4 cells. I know my Slash and my ERevo had problems breaking shafts. I just want to get some solid info before i drop a few hundred bones into another r/c
you can bash with both the losi and the rc8,they are BEAST.allthough in a truggy i would run a 2200 mmm motor on 4s
Old 05-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

i have a deal lined up with a buddy for a NIP CC 2200kv from an ERBE. I am not too surprised to hear this as a recommendation. The system had to be lower geared in my ERevo due to heat because of the higher kv. im not looking for a street racer, i just like alittle top end when i need it. I mostly run in grass and 4 wheeler trails hitting jumps and climbing hills. it would be geared to hit around 45MPH top speed.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

when you buy a "race" rc, whether you end up choosing an associated, a losi, ect, they're made for it. you don't have any of those plastic u-joints poppin' out on you, cheap bearings exploding, axle stubs bending for no reason. the first thing you'll notice is the quality of these rcs and be blown away by them.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheCore View Post
when you buy a "race" rc, whether you end up choosing an associated, a losi, ect, they're made for it. you don't have any of those plastic u-joints poppin' out on you, cheap bearings exploding, axle stubs bending for no reason. the first thing you'll notice is the quality of these rcs and be blown away by them.
i guess this is why they come as a kit and the price is alittle higher. I know my LHS stocks WAAAY more parts for "race" r/cs. I bet they have more parts in for the RC8T than all the Traxxas trucks. I am getting stoked already and I havent even seen one complete yet.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

nobody else has any input for me or any suggestions??