Charger help

Old 05-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Charger help

Well I thought I was ready to buy a charger but now what the hell is this??? do i need to buy this too? http://www.maxamps.com/Power-Supply-45A.htm I will be charging no more than 2x 3s 6000 40c lipo's at the same time. Sorry if that doesn't make a lot of since I'm still learning.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I just bought a 43amp power supply from Common Sense for $109.oo. If you're willing to spend the extra money for something that looks a little more fancy and has the amps and volts gauges on it, then that MaxAmps power supply is nice. but if you're trying to save money and every penny counts, the Common Sense power supply is nice for that. You didn't mention how many amps you'll be charging at. if you're charging both batteries at 2c = 12amps each I believe you should be ok with either of these power supplies. I only ask because I'll be charging at 30amps with the CellPro PowerLab 8, and I'm using a 3cell 5200mah LiPo from Thunder Power. The G4 Thunder Power Batteries, and many of the MaxAmp batteries as well, can handle 6c charging. MaxAmps even has some Green Series Batteries that can take a 15c=67amp charger rate. unfortunately no chargers that powerful yet. But I can garantee I'll get one when someone makes it. I'd buy a 100amp charger if I could find one. anyway, Hope this helps.

PS. You could call Common Sense RC and talk to Bruce, or email common Sense, Bruce works in there tech support, he would be able to answer all your power supply needs, questions. he knows the math and all the equation and how to calculate everything. all I know is Amps x volts = watts. It's all in how one uses that equation that gets you all the answers to everything electric.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

^^^ great write up thanks for the help. I'll check out Common Sense right now.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default You are welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Originally Posted by 07d675cm2 View Post
^^^ great write up thanks for the help. I'll check out Common Sense right now.
I'm glad I was able to be of help to you.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Note that the MaxAmps power supply in this thread is a 32amp power supply instead of the advertised 45amp rating in the title of the page. MaxAmps seems to have a habit of advertising "burst" ratings as the real ratings, be it lipo's or apparently power supplies. Always read the fine print or better yet look elsewhere. You can get a ~30amp power supply for much cheaper than $170.