Glitch or

Old 05-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Glitch or

Hello all id like to explain my little problem... What I have is a E revo that was converted to a novak 7.5 brushless running on 2 7.2 5000mah nimh venom batteries. This was all before i picked it up. As you may have guessed it was having some glitching problems i thought this would be taken are of with a new transmitter system. I purchased and installed the dx3s system and this got rid of all the glitching in mid speeds but still at full speed there is a horrible glitch its like a heart rate its so steady, almost could set a clock too it. its running for a second then off for a second then running then off... i have no idea what is causing this, and most times when im trying to go into reverse its like just a jerk then quits i have to try over and over to find the (sweet spot). is this my radio, receiver, or this shit ass novak esc, would getting the 2200kv mamba combo with some lipos fix all this, or what????? thanks in advance and sorry for the runons

Last edited by 07d675cm2; 05-15-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 05-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is it doing this with the batts fully charged?
Old 05-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

No I'm willing to bet they were not fully charged. Good call there charging now, but in my defense the lipo cut off is shut off. If that matters
Old 05-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

The most likely cause is the BEC voltage dipping and the radio dropping out. If I remember correctly, the Novak HV only powers the linear BEC regulator off of one of the packs. So if one pack is dropping to 6 volts, or so, your BEC output starts dropping as well. A pair of LiPo's will help, but depending on the era of your HV system, it may not have the LVC in it. If it does, set it properly. If it does not, then get a smart stop, or other LVC. NiMh packs have a hard time supplying the current demands we ask for with modern brushless setups.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GSMnow View Post
The most likely cause is the BEC voltage dipping and the radio dropping out. If I remember correctly, the Novak HV only powers the linear BEC regulator off of one of the packs. So if one pack is dropping to 6 volts, or so, your BEC output starts dropping as well. A pair of LiPo's will help, but depending on the era of your HV system, it may not have the LVC in it. If it does, set it properly. If it does not, then get a smart stop, or other LVC. NiMh packs have a hard time supplying the current demands we ask for with modern brushless setups.

^^^ see... Now there is an answer that makes some since. Even if GSMnow is totally blowing smoke, that is a quantifiable, logical answer. I think ill run with this thankx.