Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Traxxas Slash 4x4 RTR advice needed >

Traxxas Slash 4x4 RTR advice needed

Traxxas Slash 4x4 RTR advice needed

Old 05-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Traxxas Slash 4x4 RTR advice needed

Okay so here's where i'm at, i just got the traxxas slash 4x4 rtr brush-less version (1/10 scale). do i know all the terms for r/c cars and such, nope. so please in lamins terms, i have just ordered aluminum front pumpers, skid plates, roll cage and a heat sink for my motor, and i want to get it up to the 65+ mph s the box states, i know I'll need an 11.1v lipo but i need advice on lipos, i've seen a lot of people saying that the slash 4x4 cant handle it but the manual says its made for it. I just need a little more advice on the whole lipo battery deal before i get one

P.S. just for reference i am also going to memory express to buy thermal paste for the motor and possibly the power router (thing with on switch), its what they use to keep the CPU cool on computers.
Please advise
Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

it will handle it but for speed runs use a 19t pinion, at least. i got mine to 69 mph before i lost control.

also i wouldnt run the alum bumpers especially when trying for max speed, the truck will get really light on its wheels, its even worse running it with the body on. mine would actually take off......funny thing is mine always lifted from the back end first.

just watch esc/motor temps.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Rookie

i have the 19tooth pinion in already, it came with my car extra. i wat to use the aluninium bumper more for protection. Same for the roll cage, as well as to help weigh it to the ground. I plan to get a full body roll cage so i dont need the body.
are you able to suggest what battery i will need exactly, by link or exact info pls.