Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Short Course truck videos from Norcal Hobbies >

Short Course truck videos from Norcal Hobbies

Short Course truck videos from Norcal Hobbies

Reply

Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 AM
  #1  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16
Default Short Course truck videos from Norcal Hobbies

SC trucks are going off at Norcal Hobbies in Union City, CA. We are the rc'ers who laugh the most and now our best racers are joining in the fun.

Here's a couple videos I made of last weekend's action.

How's it going off in your track?

Ofna Hyper 10sc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-HFM452Wgk

Players and Qualifiers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDkneUZbwK4
francoismtbr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
slaytanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,171
Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by francoismtbr View Post
SC trucks are going off at Norcal Hobbies in Union City, CA. We are the rc'ers who laugh the most and now our best racers are joining in the fun.

Here's a couple videos I made of last weekend's action.

How's it going off in your track?

Ofna Hyper 10sc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-HFM452Wgk

Players and Qualifiers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDkneUZbwK4
I had the pleasure of running there a month ago. That is a DIALED SC track. These trucks are alot more fun on a track designed for them thats for sure. I cant wait to get back. SC is huge in Chicago. Definitly one of the biggest classes.
slaytanic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:49 PM
  #3  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by slaytanic View Post
I had the pleasure of running there a month ago. That is a DIALED SC track. These trucks are alot more fun on a track designed for them thats for sure. I cant wait to get back. SC is huge in Chicago. Definitly one of the biggest classes.
Thanks! There's a huge 1/8 track right behind this but all the action now is on this track which is perfect for short course.

Our only wish is for more difficulty to challenge these new 4x4 vehicles. For 2wd, this is perfect!

fc
francoismtbr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:43 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
-R2-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 2,268
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

That track looks cool I want to go out there, but I wonder how long it would take. Whats the address so I can look on my GPS.
-R2- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 AM
  #5  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
That track looks cool I want to go out there, but I wonder how long it would take. Whats the address so I can look on my GPS.
Info is at: http://www.norcal-hobbies.com/contact.html
30600 Union City Blvd
Union City, CA 94587

Are you Southern CA?

fc
francoismtbr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:07 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
-R2-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 2,268
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by francoismtbr View Post
Info is at: http://www.norcal-hobbies.com/contact.html
30600 Union City Blvd
Union City, CA 94587

Are you Southern CA?

fc
Yep from oc, garden grove.
-R2- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
Racecrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: RC Mecca
Posts: 4,138
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
Yep from oc, garden grove.
ROAD TRIP!!
Racecrafter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:39 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
 
ldivinag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N37 33* W122 3*
Posts: 189
Default

Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
Yep from oc, garden grove.
bring up some ofna support for those of us who runs the 10sc...


ldivinag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:34 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,519
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

We would love to have you guys.We got a nice group of Short Course racers in the open 2wd class and Open 4wd class.We also run everything else electric and gas.The 1/8 Electric Nats will be held at this facility later this year so bring whatever cars you have.We more then likely race it here.
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
Yep from oc, garden grove.
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
ROAD TRIP!!
racenut123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (98)
 
tom2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,841
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

great video's!! That track looks like a blast and I love the DJ Shadow track in the first vid
tom2tone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:51 PM
  #11  
AMZ
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
AMZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 416
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Those 2 videos are fun to watch !!
AMZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 PM
  #12  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
great video's!! That track looks like a blast and I love the DJ Shadow track in the first vid
Thanks! You know DJ Shadow huh? It fits that drive really well.

So here's the story. I was running up to the driver's stand for my qualifier when Kevin, the track owner says.
kevin: "Can I drive your car in the qualifer?"
me: "sure but you've never driven it before."
kevin: "is it dialed?"
me: "box stock dialed with AKA tires."
kevin: "i'll figure it out."

So there's his drive. Kinda ragged but he set lap records for 4x4 SC. It's cool to watch since he is trying different lines every lap, specially on the hairpin, double, table.

Also, the SC classes now dominate our racing. From the smiles on the videos, you can see why.

My Mamba 5700 went up in smoke after that drive. Hopefully next week, I'll have a Ballistic 550 in it.

fc
francoismtbr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 PM
  #13  
Tech Addict
 
Mini-Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santa Rosa,CA
Posts: 578
Default

The more the better. Norcal is a awesome place to be at. As posted earlier Norcal will be holding the 8th scale electric offroad nats. I know I'm there.
Mini-Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 AM
  #14  
Tech Adept
 
tcmodels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 129
Default

thanks for sharing
tcmodels is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service