Wiki Posts
Search

XXCR Kinwald Edition - Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default XXCR Kinwald Edition - Parts?

Hi all,
My husband pulled out his old Double X CR Kinwald Edition buggy and wants to race it some. While readjusting the streering links and trying to remove the ballcap, the front spindle broke - didn't even snap, it just gave and broke, almost felt like it tore. But I notice the part number listed in the manual is different than some of the other XX part numbers listed for the same part. The spindle has "25" stamped on it, which I assume means 25 degrees? We have owned this car since new, so these are the original parts that came in the kit. We called the hobby shop we primarily deal with when getting Losi parts and he said the computer shows that the part is discontinued - no longer available, and his source doesn't have any available in old stock. He usually has a box of parts from older kits and he went through them and found nothing. Does anybody have a good dependable source online for getting these vintage parts? Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

try losipartshouse.com or horizonhobby.com you should be able to get just about any Losi part there.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check EBAY also! I bought a bunch of xxt parts on there, you can also pick up rollers from time to time. That's why I don't run my xx much and when I do I take it pretty easy! Also I've heard that duratrax picked up the truck from losi or copied it. I think it's called evader. Research this.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I did try Losi parts house as I buy there often - no luck. They don't carry the older stuff normally, but I did search. I also did try horizon with the same results. Team Losi website wasn't helpful either. No hobby shops can get the parts - discontinued and unavailable . Guess we won't be able to run it, but it bites me having to leave it sit broken now. Thanks for your suggestions guys. Guess I'll have to keep looking.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

There is a place in Bakersfield, CA called Racers Haven Hobbies 661-835-0441.
They used to have a lot of older Losi parts.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You may need to ask around with some vintage folks. Try the forums on tamiyaclub.com. Otherwise, you might be able to pick up a cheap roller on ebay for parts.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Kent and Richard,
I will give both those suggestions a try. I'll log on to the Tamiya boards tonight and then try to call Racers Haven on Monday. I'll let you know what the result is. Thanks so much for your suggestions.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Xx parts

You got mail
Old 04-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Most of the Duratrax Evader parts are the same. You can even get them in Graphite.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Badassrevo,
I was under the impression that the Evader was a truck only. Do they make the 2wd buggies too? I did get some leads that I will follow up on from all the helpful folks here. I am hopeful we can find something and actuallly run this car in a race. Or maybe we'll just have to make it a shelf queen depending on what we find. Too bad if that is the case, but at least that's better than leaving it broken. thanks!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

yes, they make a 2wd buggy and a 2wd truck, they are copies of the Losi XX series with the exception of the transmission. Losi had a patent on it.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I was aware of all that, but wasn't aware that they did the buggy also. If I can't get any Kinwald parts, I may have to check them out; however, I have known several people who have purchased Evaders and the arms break easily. But I'll give them a try if I can't find the regular parts. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a bag of old Losi parts some I think are XX parts,send me a pic of the spindle to [email protected] and I will hopefully be able to help you
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Shaggy1 - you have pm. I need to know if you got our money order yet for the parts. We sent it on April 21st. I pm'd you that date and you haven't responded to my message. Husband is concerned. Please respond ASAP please. Thank you.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Ladiesfirst, ygpm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.