Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Slash 4x4 Jumping Problems.... >

Slash 4x4 Jumping Problems....

Slash 4x4 Jumping Problems....

Old 05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default Slash 4x4 Jumping Problems....

My slash 4x4 is nosing down really really bad on the jumps. Even if I take little jumps, its still nosing down hard. What the HELL??? Let me know with ideas guys. Thanks
Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diesel32x
My slash 4x4 is nosing down really really bad on the jumps. Even if I take little jumps, its still nosing down hard. What the HELL??? Let me know with ideas guys. Thanks
Welcome to the 4x4 issues... We all have that problem. Only fix I have found is keeping on the gas, the second you let off going over a jump it lawn darts. Takes a few hours getting it down but once you do it's not bad. Using small throttle 'blips' in the air helps. I run on a small track and not much time to correct in the air so I just roll up the jump and stay on the gas and let off right before I land.

Stiffen the front end up a little helps also and lower the rear ride height also seemed to help. Run zero drag brake also. Throttle is the most important thing to remember. You can test it by holding the truck off the ground giving it some gas then let off the trigger, you will see it blip forward which causes the nose to dive.

Good luck!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I don't own a short course but all of my friends have the hyper 10sc's and they all complain about the same thing that you are having a problem with.

they have tried moving battery positions, esc, reciever, stick on lead wieght.
but they have all done little to improve the way that they fly.

The only thing that has worked for them has been the jconcepts bajr desert body, I guess it gives it way more rear downforce it performs better but I think that it takes away from the realistic look that makes the short course class so cool.

I think I would try to incorporate some kind of wing or spoiler to a stock sc body or try trimming one in to it
Old 05-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Welcome to the 4x4 issues... We all have that problem. Only fix I have found is keeping on the gas, the second you let off going over a jump it lawn darts. Takes a few hours getting it down but once you do it's not bad. Using small throttle 'blips' in the air helps. I run on a small track and not much time to correct in the air so I just roll up the jump and stay on the gas and let off right before I land.

Stiffen the front end up a little helps also and lower the rear ride height also seemed to help. Run zero drag brake also. Throttle is the most important thing to remember. You can test it by holding the truck off the ground giving it some gas then let off the trigger, you will see it blip forward which causes the nose to dive.

Good luck!
I agree that the suspension settings would help also but I think that having to keep the thottle pinned over every jump in a main would affect your run time

IMO
Old 05-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SVTHOSER
I agree that the suspension settings would help also but I think that having to keep the thottle pinned over every jump in a main would affect your run time

IMO
You don't have to keep it pinned just enough to keep the wheels spinning. The second the wheels loose momentum quickly they cause the nose of the truck to dip down. I have also thought about playing with the push control on my ESC to see if I can eliminate the diving. Going from a 2wd SC to a 4x4 SCRT/Hyper10/Slash has proven to be a challenge for quite a few people in the jumping arena. This is about the only fix we have found... Its defiantly an issue. I have two SCRT's, one box stock and the other with the Losi big bores, both do it but the BB seems to do it more for some reason. I got it down now, but took me a few days at the track and two bumpers for my SCRT lol.

I'm down with other options and have open ears and am willing to try anything. I miss the smooth jumping of my SC10.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

SVT, from my hole in the wall small town. Word.. wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I know you.

Anyhow, I agree running a lighter weight in the rear with a lower ride height will make this much easier to handle in the beginning. Soon you will figure it out and you won't even notice it anymore.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

I guess I based that off seeing my friends hyper 10 over the huge triple at his house.

it has a huge gradual take off jump and is about 25 feet from take off to landing and he has to keep that thing pinned till the tires double in size and he still cases it half the time
Old 05-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

what town did you say you might know me from?
Old 05-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SVTHOSER
what town did you say you might know me from?
I didn't exactly say I knew you, but I grew up in YV. I'll be 26 this year, so that will be a tell tale sign if I know you or not. Just assumed so since it is in BFE and people don't really move there...
Old 05-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

oh ok i've only lived here for five years, and i am 24
Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think part of the issue is the short springs on the front of the truck....

What spring and oil setup are you using???

I like.

Tmaxx white springs or losi 2.5 silver in the rear with 40-50 wt.

2wd slash or losi green springs in the front with 60-80 wt.. (i usually run the higher)
Old 05-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Initiate

mine nose dived pretty bad and i think most of the issue is the stock springs, i put all white rustler springs on mine and it is much easier to keep the front up over bumps and jumps.