Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T3 Drama

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default T3 Drama

It seems that every time I fix my t3 it breks, I just put a novak explorer2 and monster pro in it but they keep giving me problems, I think I have them running fine right now but my trani sounds like crap, when ever I give it throttle there is a jingling soun comeing from it, Im not sure what it is. I have tightend every screw there is, butit still makes this sound. The problems dont stop there, my slipper isnt working rite it works for about 10 seconds and then comes loose, (whats the fun in off-road if you cant kick up any dirt?) If anyone can help it would be much appreiciated
Old 05-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

If you've had the car for a while, I'm sure everything is wearing out, and that's why it seems to fail often.

Take the tranny out of the car, and clean it really well. Check for any worn out bearings, and rebuild the diff if it's been a while.

Your slipper nut is probably worn out, and needs to be replaced. While you're at it, replace the slipper pad, and maybe even the spur gear if the teeth look a little torn up.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Mike, yeah Do what Aaron says... I cleaned the tranny out when I had it last week, but I agree with aaron, you'll probably need to replace the Slipper Pad...

See ya monday

lol hey man we got it working, can't ask for any more!

You owe me 11 bucks, don't forget it on monday!
Old 05-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

ill defenatly need to replace the slipper pad and the spur, but since you both have read my other thread, what should I gear it at ? It runs really hot rite now but thats prolly cause it is slipping so much like you said Jeff. Thanks for the advice Aaron.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

for your gearing Mike, go to ur motor thread you started. I posted my guestimate