My 4WD Kyosho SCT >

My 4WD Kyosho SCT

My 4WD Kyosho SCT

Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 AM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default My 4WD Kyosho SCT

A bit of background, this started out as a Kyosho DBX 1/9 nitro buggy that I converted to brushless. Then I extended to 1/8-scale with a HB D8 chassis. Now it's a SCT! The conversion from 1/8 buggy to SCT was very easy. I just bought the bumpers and body mounts. The rear is a HPI E-Savage body mount that's zip-tied in place (didn't want to do that, but oh well) as the Kyosho one wouldn't fit the Proline F150 body.
My friend at the LHS told me how much he liked the metallic blue paint so I gave it a try and wow, I really like it! This is my first paint job too...it's not perfect, but I like it.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:28 AM
JSR
Tech Master

Pics of under the shell and the braces I added.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Wow, nice job. Those rear shocks sure are laying down!
Your truck must have one hell of an identity complex changing so many times!
I think its awesome but I'm sure you will get some haters saying "1/8 dish wheels don't belong on a SCT!"

Never mind em. Looks great and I bet it handles great!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 AM
JSR
Tech Master

Thanks Jon. I have the 17mm adapters from Kyosho, which can't be removed once installed (there's only an entry hole for the drive pin, no exit hole to push it back out). I actually wanted to run SCT wheels/tires, but didn't want to bother trying to drill out the hex adapters. And yes, it does handle very well. Very agile and flies great. I think some people at the track was surprised by how well the tiny 36x50mm motor was keeping up. The rear shocks are pretty laid down because I had to raise them (which pushes them further out also) as they were hitting the rear toe links. I actually haven't tried running this shock setup yet at the track as I just changed it a week ago, but I did need a bit stiffer suspension anyways and the further mounting point on the arm gives me that.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

you can keep the 17mm hex adapters and run associated sc8 wheels.
all the current 1/10th sc tires will fit onto the sc8 wheels too.
it would look nice with some silver wheels with the blue beadlock rings
Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hmmmmm.. pretty interesting, I like the simplicity of it. Should be fun on the track, let us know how it works for ya.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:49 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Yeah, I'm really itching to hit the track. It should handle virtually identically to how it did as a buggy, which was really good. So far I've just run it up and down my street kind of babying the shell even though I told myself when I started painting the shell that it would get destroyed anyways. It's my first painted body so I'm sentimental...haha.