Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo YZ-10 Comparison?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Yokomo YZ-10 Comparison?

I was just curious to what car now-a-days would compare to the Yokomo YZ-10? I used to own one and race it years ago & now Im thinking about getting back into it, but I havent followed the RC scene at all so Im kind of out of the loop on newest cars and companys. I LOVED my Yokomo with the all-wheel drive and such so I was thinking about getting another car thats just like it, but up-to-date so I can find parts easily. If anyone knows of any cars that come close to it or even have the all-wheel drive, please post! And I dont mean cars, the YZ-10 is kinda like a beefed up buggy that kinda has the weight distro. of a truck, which was amazing for handling. Any ideas?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Well why not stay with Yokomo? They have the Bmax4 4wd buggy that is a great racer. Unfortunately, parts are harder to come by and need to be ordered overseas since they are no longer distributed in america. but it only takes 7 days to get an order from japan, so...

or AE, Losi, Schumacher, Hotbodies all have good 4wd buggies on the market. You can even pick some up used for good deals. The buggies are way faster and tougher than the YZ10; 1/10 4wd buggy has come a long way since the YZ10...
Old 05-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Don't forget the Tamiya 501x and 511x, they are some of the most durable 4wd buggies on the market.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

stay with yokomo i love my bmax!! best car i have ever driven..will share some more in the yokomo thread on sun when i get a chance