Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
4s hard case lipos back in stock at HC >

4s hard case lipos back in stock at HC

4s hard case lipos back in stock at HC

Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 4s hard case lipos back in stock at HC

I have mine on order, so I thought I'd let the rest of you know that Hobbycity has Turnigy 4s 30C hard case lipos in stock now at $39.99. Even with the expensive EMS shipping I have three hardcase lipo's on the way and shipped to my door for just over $160.

If they are as good as the other Turnigy's I have had I will be very happy. Try finding even one hard case 4S lipo for that elsewhere.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do you have a link to this item? It's not always the easiest to search for a product on that site.

Thanks

Originally Posted by chiro972 View Post
I have mine on order, so I thought I'd let the rest of you know that Hobbycity has Turnigy 4s 30C hard case lipos in stock now at $39.99. Even with the expensive EMS shipping I have three hardcase lipo's on the way and shipped to my door for just over $160.

If they are as good as the other Turnigy's I have had I will be very happy. Try finding even one hard case 4S lipo for that elsewhere.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Found it. Ordered one!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

gosh, for what they charge for shipping, you need to buy a few to make it worthwhile, but anyway I hope you like it.

I'll post a review of mine once they show up.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

I ordered 2 of them. I wonder how long it takes to ship with the EMS option.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I've always gotten my orders within 7 to 10 days if your in the states make sure to track your order both on the Hong kong post and USPS the same tracking number works on both sites. also be sure to have someone at home to sign for your delivery or you'll need to pick it up at the post office after the first attempt to deliver notice..

Last edited by nv529; 05-03-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972 View Post
gosh, for what they charge for shipping, you need to buy a few to make it worthwhile, but anyway I hope you like it.

I'll post a review of mine once they show up.
even if your just ordering one battery its well worth it! where else are you gong to get a 4s hardcase for the price even after shipping cost.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

I placed an order for 3 in stock lipo's last Monday & chose the EMS shipping for an additional $33. The order has been in processing for the last 7 days & they just sent me an email stating that they have been boxed up & would be shipped within 48 hours. So, as long as there is no hold up in customs & there claim of 3 -4 days transit time is correct, I'm hoping to get my order by Friday. So basically, with EMS shipping, I should be recieving my packs in 2 weeks from the time I placed my order.

Not too bad for saving as much as I did on the packs, but IMO, they should be a little more clear on their EMS shipping policy. They do state very clearly that if you choose EMS shipping to the USA, the TRANSIT time will be 3 - 4 days. What they do NOT state is that they can take as long as they want to grab a couple packs off a shelf & throw them in a box!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default cool....

thanks man for the head's up I figured what the heck and I just ordered one....

thanks again...

jim
Old 05-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

I got mine but my black wire on one is loose and pulls up and down. Can I fix this? It wont charge either!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are you comfortable opening a lipo up? Can keep from shorting a cell out while you work with it inside?

It might be just a bad solder joint thats pulled loose and needs to be redone. Few minutes with a soldering iron and re-shrinking and it would be ready to go.

You can check voltage thru the balance connector and make sure that it does have voltage and this is a wiring prob.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

I just got mine. All three perfectly balanced with proper storage voltage. All three of mine feel like the black wire is less secure than the red, but it just looks like the way it is routed inside. There is more wire on the black and it seems to go down inside the case and wrap around to the other side. That extra wire makes it feel loose. I dont think it is though.

I put a voltmeter on each lead and then held the battery by the leads and bounced it up and down just a bit and nothing seems to be losing connection.

If the battery won't charge, make sure its not just out of balance. If there is a low cell, often the lipo balance charger won't charge. You can find the low cell and charge it through the balance wires (after finding which wire goes to the low cell) at low current ~1 amp max. To bring that cell up. Be careful doing this, but if you can get the low cell into the same general range of the others, then your lipo charger should be able to charge.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If the voltage is below 12v (3v/cell) your lipo charger is not going to charge it due to safety concerns. If there is voltage acress the main power leads and its equal to that indicated by checking cell voltages off the balance connector, then its just a matter of getting voltage over 12v so the charger will chartge it as a lipo.

I got a DOA 3S from HC that had a low cell and it wouldn't charge either. I charged it as NiMh until voltage was back over 9v (3v/cell) and the stopped and re-tried charging as a lipo. This time it worked. Use a low rate - I used 0.5amp - you want the voltage increase to be slow and steady. Watch for any signs lipo may be puffing. Obviously stop if it starts to puff and get it outside.

If its just a low voltage prob, it shouldn't puff and you'll wind up charging it successfully as a lipo.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Well it says "connection break" on my charger when I push the charge button. I wiggled the black wire and pushed it down into the battery further and it started charging and i charged it full. When I plugged it onto my car it wouldnt power the ESC. It feels like a connection because its sporadic.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Ya the 2nd cell is showing a 3.5v compared to the other three cells showing 4.1v

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service