Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
4s hard case lipos back in stock at HC >

4s hard case lipos back in stock at HC

4s hard case lipos back in stock at HC

Old 05-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Got mine today (Turnigy 4500). Ordered May 3 using regular shipping.
Will test and post back.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djtroy View Post
Ya the 2nd cell is showing a 3.5v compared to the other three cells showing 4.1v
I had that problem as well.....if you have a slow balance on your charger, try that. On mine all I did was plug the connectors in and just let it sit overnite.
Charged it normally the next day and all cells were balanced.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djtroy View Post
Well it says "connection break" on my charger when I push the charge button. I wiggled the black wire and pushed it down into the battery further and it started charging and i charged it full. When I plugged it onto my car it wouldnt power the ESC. It feels like a connection because its sporadic.
Well that does sound like a bad connection. If you're game, you can try to get the case apart and fix the bad solder joint.

If you are confident you can do this, would you please take pictures of the process? I am a little concerned that on mine, two of them seem pretty tight in the case. One of them the packs inside can be felt to move around in there if I shake the hard case. I'm not sure I'm wild about having the lipos rattling around in there. I'd love to see how easy it is to get the case apart and how the solder joints look inside, but I'm not going to tear mine apart if I don't need to.

Sounds like you may need to.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I ran my 2 new 4500 hardcased packs today during practice for the jconcepts wave race at ocrc. Both packs ran perfectly with great punch and balanced perfectly on each charge. I did notice that the cells felt loose inside of the hardcase though...regardless they both worked fine.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound View Post
I ran my 2 new 4500 hardcased packs today during practice for the jconcepts wave race at ocrc. Both packs ran perfectly with great punch and balanced perfectly on each charge. I did notice that the cells felt loose inside of the hardcase though...regardless they both worked fine.
take shoo goo and fill the holes keeps the wires from pulling loose and they dont rattle anymore ///thats what i did
Old 05-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chiro972 View Post
Well that does sound like a bad connection. If you're game, you can try to get the case apart and fix the bad solder joint.

If you are confident you can do this, would you please take pictures of the process? I am a little concerned that on mine, two of them seem pretty tight in the case. One of them the packs inside can be felt to move around in there if I shake the hard case. I'm not sure I'm wild about having the lipos rattling around in there. I'd love to see how easy it is to get the case apart and how the solder joints look inside, but I'm not going to tear mine apart if I don't need to.

Sounds like you may need to.
I say you go first, LOL.
If I cant get it to balance Ill give it a shot. Let you know.

UPDATE - It seems to be balanced when I am discharging or storing the pack, but when I try and charge it up it still seems a bit off.

Last edited by djtroy; 05-16-2010 at 09:00 PM.