R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Castle 8ight E Conversion Kit? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/394046-castle-8ight-e-conversion-kit.html)

Yzlvr 04-30-2010 06:11 AM

Castle 8ight E Conversion Kit?

Anyone use the Castle Creations Losi 8ight E conversion kit? How do you like it?

Yzlvr 05-03-2010 07:43 AM

Anyone, any experience with this kit??

chiro972 05-03-2010 07:46 AM

You just talking about the Castle creations speed control and motor? I was unaware they made a conversion kit. If they do, hopefully someone will chime in.

The MMM is a good speed control and in my opinion the 2650kv motor is a bit much as is the 2000kv truggy motor. They do have motors in the 1800kv range that would be better in my opinion, but I don't know if you can buy those in combo with the ESC.

Losi's 8ight electric conversion works great and is cheap.

Yzlvr 05-03-2010 07:54 AM

Yes I am talking about the electric chassis conversion. I want to convert my 8ight buggy but liked the split batteries setup, so I can use my 7.4V short coarse packs. I think I will use the MMM ESC and 1700KV-2200KV motor.

I just wanted to get some comparisons to the Losi conversion kits.

chiro972 05-03-2010 08:49 AM

Just looked at it. That thing is a mess. Do yourself a favor. Just get the losi conversion and 2-3 4S batteries. They are not that expensive if you get them from hobbycity. I just ordered 3 hard case 4S 30C lipos from them with express shipping and it will be to my door for around $160.

If you're racing and have a fair amount of time between heats and the main, you could conceivably get by on one 4S lipo, but I'd rather have at least two.

8ight-e 05-03-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by chiro972 (Post 7353191)
Just looked at it. That thing is a mess. Do yourself a favor. Just get the losi conversion and 2-3 4S batteries. They are not that expensive if you get them from hobbycity. I just ordered 3 hard case 4S 30C lipos from them with express shipping and it will be to my door for around $160.

If you're racing and have a fair amount of time between heats and the main, you could conceivably get by on one 4S lipo, but I'd rather have at least two.

1 pack can easily last you both qualifiers.. if you don't do a lot of pratice laps.. and if it has a 2c or better charge rate it shouldn't be a problem to get it peaked in time.. if you only have 1 a-main if you have dual or triple a's or if you make the bump from the b main you better have two packs. 3 packs is a little over kill....

lowcel 05-03-2010 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by 8ight-e (Post 7353366)
1 pack can easily last you both qualifiers.. if you don't do a lot of pratice laps.. and if it has a 2c or better charge rate it shouldn't be a problem to get it peaked in time.. if you only have 1 a-main if you have dual or triple a's or if you make the bump from the b main you better have two packs. 3 packs is a little over kill....

Overkill is a good thing in my opinion. I carry five 4s batteries and eight 2s batteries to races. I race both buggy and truggy but basicly I just like to be prepared. :batman:

8ight-e 05-03-2010 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by lowcel (Post 7353486)
Overkill is a good thing in my opinion. I carry five 4s batteries and eight 2s batteries to races. I race both buggy and truggy but basicly I just like to be prepared. :batman:

I too want 'overkill' just to be stress free and covered.. I keep 3 5k packs for my 1/8 buggy and I have 2 4s 6500 for my truggy and 1 4s 5500 that I could use in either. When I run my SC truck I keep 4 2s lipo's in my ammo box as well.

As for the original questions.. the tekno conversion kit is by far the best, second best would be rc-monsters mount with losi's tray & parts, third best is losi's full kit, 4th best would be castles.