Wiki Posts
Search

Short Course Racing Etiquette.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Angry

Originally Posted by JoeLopezMartinz
It's aholes like zanernator that ruin this hobby.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i bet you feel good about yourself for saying a 15 year old is an HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA build a bridge and get over it you my freind can go race with buggy guys or if we ever meet bring a complete spare car u SOB

sorry to everyone

Last edited by Marcos.J; 04-29-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: watch the language
Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mschaffer66
Because SC racing is meant to be something fun that everyone can just do whether you are good suck or whatever and have a laugh while doing it and get away from the up-tight whining bitches that race all of the other classes. NONE OF THE RACES MATTER! NO ONE IS GETTING PAID FOR WINNING SO GIVE IT A REST AND JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME!
+100
Old 04-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

next person that post "any" profanity will get 45 day suspension.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I just figured this board had a profanity filter and it would censor me...sorry.

Anyway I think what this all comes down to is some guy that probably runs on-road, which from my experience is the most uptight neurotic racers out there(and probably for good reason), buys and SC truck because EVERYONE else is and expects to have that same uptight, whiny, tea and crumpets crowd that the on-road garbage draws...

Sorry, but 90% of the people that buy SC and "race" SC have no problem with it just being a fun, wild time. I know this for a fact because as the day goes on at the local indoor track all of the buggies and trucks get put away and everyone is out having a wild demo derby with their slashes...

I guess go with the flow or go do something else like a 1/10th buggy where you can't touch each other for fear of breakage...
Old 04-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

So this whole rubbin and having "fun"... You guys encourage intentional hitting? That's how fist fights start. We had an incident where two guys started to hit each other more often than necessary, and it ended up into a real fight in the pits. Driver etiquette exists to keep hot heads like that in their place. Everyone practices good sportsman like conduct, you get an orderly race and happy drivers. Sure, $hit happens sometimes, but most people understand that. IMO, using other cars as a guard rail so you can make the turn is not acceptable even in SC. This kind of attitude endorses the idea that it is ok to hit and numbs the thought of how how often/strong you can do that. Is it ok for someone to go in reverse direction so they can have "fun" and create mayhem? Where do you draw the line?

You can go t-bone each other as much as you want. just keep it off during official races.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbones
So this whole rubbin and having "fun"... You guys encourage intentional hitting? That's how fist fights start. We had an incident where two guys started to hit each other more often than necessary, and it ended up into a real fight in the pits. Driver etiquette exists to keep hot heads like that in their place. Everyone practices good sportsman like conduct, you get an orderly race and happy drivers. Sure, $hit happens sometimes, but most people understand that. IMO, using other cars as a guard rail so you can make the turn is not acceptable even in SC. This kind of attitude endorses the idea that it is ok to hit and numbs the thought of how how often/strong you can do that. Is it ok for someone to go in reverse direction so they can have "fun" and create mayhem? Where do you draw the line?

You can go t-bone each other as much as you want. just keep it off during official races.
yes, If it goes that far then something has to be done. If your racing and a guy bumps you and in the next corner you bump him back then all is good but if you break something you offer to buy the part or if u skip the track then you wait for the guys you skipped ahead of.

sorry for the comment before. just some people
Old 04-29-2010, 09:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default This isn't Battle Bots

It sounds like each track is pretty different. Some have very loose rules and some don't. I'm all for having fun, but if everyone's idea of "fun" is cutting the track and punting everyone in sight then I don't see the point of having any rules in racing. Chaos is not fun. Just have a Demo Derby or a Battle Bots class where anything goes. I guess it doesn't matter all that much for club races. For me, I have fun trying to drive clean and get around the track as fast as I can during racing.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Rubins' racin' I'm ok with that, some just don't know the difference between rubbing and hacking. My $.02~ if you have a transponder in it, proper race etiquete should apply. No matter what class it is.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

its not only the rubbin and hackin that ruins this class, its the idiots who jump the track. I was having a really good race I was battling for the lead when the 6th place driver jumped a tube and rolled my truck. I then dropped back to 5th and my race was finished. Now how is that fun?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the whole point of SC was that it was supposed to be MORE FUN and LESS SERIOUS.

Surely someone pulling a stunt like using the pit lane must be exactly the kind of stuff that spices up a race...

I've seen plenty of "fun" races at big meetings, with top drivers in them, and every time this was exactly the spirit: cut the track, go big on the jumps, take each other out etc...

And what happens when this "stunt" takes out one of the people in the lead or battling for it? Their race is done because of your "stunt"
Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by redbones

That's getting off on the wrong foot!

The majority of the time there accidents caused by lack of control......which is 99% of every person on this board, since there is MAYBE 1% of racers on here can actually put there car where they want it. To summarize, If you pay to race and pay for parts you need to improve your skills.

I've never heard of an RC race for Powerball winnings.... it's toy cars and bowling trophies, if your not in it for fun, you shouldn't be in it.

OBTW - "that guy" t-boning people in corners, you all did it at some point, they're learning just like you had to......so... maybe help them out....?
Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

glad to hear most guys seem to understand what I was trying to get at. And yeah, if I have a transponder in the car, I am racing against others and myself. Having someone torpedo you when you are trying your best is not fun in any way. When I bump someone, I'll say "sorry", or if they let me pass, a "thank you". Simple courtesy like that maintains a good racing atmosphere and ultimately "fun".

And hey, if someone truly wants to get better and puts the effort, I'll help them out 100%.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
LOL!!!!!! SC *IS* a fun class - ask the 250 entries at Trackside in Milwaukee last weekend.... When was the last time you saw a 'traditional' r/c race draw that many entries??? SC is here to STAY - it IS fun, and when you have the likes of Jarod Tebo, Scott Brown, Steve Slayden, Casey Peck (need I go on?) participating it helps to 'validate' SC as the new, up and coming racing class!!!!!!!

Yes, the trucks drive kinda' funny - in a funny sorta' way..... and no, at this point, they're NOT the fastest thing on the track..... BUT, all of the top drivers with the top teams are now running SC.... When I talked briefly with Tebo last weekend, he said he was having a BLAST, the truck was fun to drivee and he was really enjoying himself.... BUT, I bet he was still more seriousl than I was! It's the coming thing - it will be bigger than it is right now.... Will it last??? Only time will tell!

and we wonder why we don't have more racers than we do..... AND, I'm sure by now you know if it was the right thing to do!!!!!!
Well here... Ask those pro guys one simple question...

"Do you take the SC class as seriously as you do your other classes?"... I'll almost bet the answer to that question if answered honestly is "No". I'm not saying they aren't trying to win it... But I'll bet they aren't putting the practice time in, or the sheer concentration that they do with their other classes.

There hasn't been a SINGLE driver added to ANY race team that I am aware of because of their ability to wheel an SC truck.

SC IS AN AWESOME ASSET TO THE HOBBY! There hasn't been anything in years that has created the sheer "Buzz" that the SC class has... If ever.

To say though that it is "The big up and coming racing class." is a pipe dream in my opinion... The trucks DO NOT drive well enough or consistently enough to make a truly competitive class out of them.

Anyway... It just seems my posts my have been taken out of context by some...

I never said to make it an all out bash fest... I simply stated thats what some of my buddies and I used to do... And it was some of the most fun I've ever had in R/C. We all knew what was gonna happen even before the tones went off... We KNEW it was gonna be a "race" to the death!

I do however absolutely believe that rubbin' and bangin' fenders is a completely 100% OK activity in this class. It's just part of the appeal! There isn't an arguement one that could be made to change my mind on this.

Jumping pipes on purpose and such however is NOT... I just kind of thought that went without saying. Guess next time I'll be more clear.

Again... Not trying to upset anybody... Just stating my opinion.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

every body get over it, we should all drive with courtesy.... EVERYBODY ! Short course is here to stay so lets all try to make it a good day's race , educate the new people to the hobby about right vs wrong way to drive and let's just stop crying !And if someone still wants to be a hack deduct lap's from them at the end of the race.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by peter george
every body get over it, we should all drive with courtesy.... EVERYBODY ! Short course is here to stay so lets all try to make it a good day's race , educate the new people to the hobby about right vs wrong way to drive and let's just stop crying !And if someone still wants to be a hack deduct lap's from them at the end of the race.
Well said
I don't mind a little rubbing and bumping if I'm on the same lap as the other guy

A nudge, bump or a little push to get around a fellow racer is what SC is all about

But I really hate bully drivers ...
T-boning a guy your about to lab is not the way to do it ..No matter who you are ! ! !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.