Dish Rims

Old 04-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Dish Rims

Is there any point in these. They sure as heck dont look like they improve aerodynamics. I cna see them being worth it on a car but on a offroad vehicle?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Dish rims are often stronger (and even lighter, in many cases) than their spoked counterparts. Dirt cannot get stuck and plugged up between the spokes.

Many pros run dish wheels over spokes because the spinning spokes can be distracting. And yes..on high speed electric tracks, there is a bit of an aerodynamic advantage.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the mugen 1/8 scale dish rims are very nice.. super light.. lightest I've came accross.. soft and flexible.. extremely durable..

just as a side note..
Old 04-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Many pros run dish wheels over spokes because the spinning spokes can be distracting. And yes..on high speed electric tracks, there is a bit of an aerodynamic advantage.
I agree there

Especially in the air, a bit of steering can move your car around a bit, mainly from rotating mass gyro but I have noticed you have more control with dish wheels.

disadvantage is on a really windy day, a heavy cross wind on a jump could be problematic.

I drive my car by looking at the wheels, dishes are more distinctive and can place your car better. I learned this when ran black wheels for a while, I was hitting everything on the track!!

white wheels also make your car faster
Old 04-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

I would really like to run the Drake Edition wheels on my gas truck and represent! But I can't have anything on my wheels..it drives me nuts.

And yellow wheels are faster.

Matt Francis was the first one to point out to me that it's actually a big deal..he said he runs black rims on his TC for the opposite reason!
Old 05-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

wow, I never even would have thought that would make a difference, but after you say that, youre right, because I feel wierd driving my friends T3 (rc10t3 on the forums) with black wheels and I feel different compared to mine, which lol has gray wheels, but sometimes white
Old 05-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

I've never been able to drive with any colored wheels other than yellow.