Wiki Posts
Search

tranny slipping? please help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default tranny slipping? please help!

ok, i was running my rustler today and i was going forward slow, then i went in reverse, not fast then forward again. then i could hear like a ticking noise when i gave it throttle. and the truck didn't move. so i took off the gear cover and the 2 screws that hold the motor in place cam loose. so i thought oh ok, thats nothing. so i put it back in align with the 19t gear on the motor and the slipper clutch. then i went to give it some throttle, and the wheels barely spin. the motor and slipper clutch spin fine. so i was kinda just looking and messing with it, and i adjusted the slipper clutch a bit, and now its fine. i can't really try it on the ground because my rear shock tower broke, so im going to my lhs today to buy the rpm one. but i put both wheels on and gave it some throttle both forward and reverse and the tires spin fast like they should. before, i would spin the rear axle/shaft and it would spin really freely. like it wasn't getting in gear. now when i turn the rear axle/drive line the slipper clutch and motor turn fine. is everything ok now? or do you think a gear came loose or off in the tranny? when i get the shock tower, im going to put that on and try the truck on the ground. any advice/ideas?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckblood05
ok, i was running my rustler today and i was going forward slow, then i went in reverse, not fast then forward again. then i could hear like a ticking noise when i gave it throttle. and the truck didn't move. so i took off the gear cover and the 2 screws that hold the motor in place cam loose. so i thought oh ok, thats nothing. so i put it back in align with the 19t gear on the motor and the slipper clutch. then i went to give it some throttle, and the wheels barely spin. the motor and slipper clutch spin fine. so i was kinda just looking and messing with it, and i adjusted the slipper clutch a bit, and now its fine. i can't really try it on the ground because my rear shock tower broke, so im going to my lhs today to buy the rpm one. but i put both wheels on and gave it some throttle both forward and reverse and the tires spin fast like they should. before, i would spin the rear axle/shaft and it would spin really freely. like it wasn't getting in gear. now when i turn the rear axle/drive line the slipper clutch and motor turn fine. is everything ok now? or do you think a gear came loose or off in the tranny? when i get the shock tower, im going to put that on and try the truck on the ground. any advice/ideas?
Sounds like you fixed your own problem....nice job.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by storytyme
Sounds like you fixed your own problem....nice job.
yea i thought. i went to hobbytownusa today to pick up my rear rpm shock mount. i had the guys look and said it looks fine. and to run it for now as long as its running ok. but i took it out in the parking lot and you can hear a ticking noise. so theres something not right. im thinking maybe a gear inside broke a tooth, and when that spot comes around it ticks. can't really tell unless i open up the tranny and look. but as long as its running, im gonna just let it go for now. but if and when it slips or quits running, i'll take it in and have it looked at on the inside.